Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of you have MOPAR CAIs and I was wondering if anyone knows if when you put a sock on it if it hurts the air flow any? I've heard people saying that the CAI lets too many particales thru and you should have a sock on it. Thanks for any inputs from you guys that have tried it both ways.
Rick

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Just looked them up, they run between $25-30 & are blue just like the filter. It seems most guys are running them to keep the filter cleaner. Looks like it's way easier to clean the sock then the element itself. According to some of the other forums, they don't seem to hurt air flo. I have the Mopar CAI & am interested in some input also.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tricki68 I don't mind spending the money but hated to restrict all the air I put the CAI on there for.

·
Registered
988 Posts
If your talking about a foam pre-filter, then it is really a double edge sword. On one hand it does filter out a certain amount of dust and dirt that the cone filter might not. But, It can also act as restriction when they get dirty. So, you need to clean and reoil on a regular basis.

We used they on our dirt track car. We would take at least 6 to the track for a night of racing. Put a fresh one on after each session.. hot laps, heat races and feature. OBTW - they don't last for ever either.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your talking about a foam pre-filter, then it is really a double edge sword. On one hand it does filter out a certain amount of dust and dirt that the cone filter might not. But, It can also act as restriction when they get dirty. So, you need to clean and reoil on a regular basis.

We used they on our dirt track car. We would take at least 6 to the track for a night of racing. Put a fresh one on after each session.. hot laps, heat races and feature. OBTW - they don't last for ever either.
No this is a blue thing that looks like a girls hose that goes over the filter of the CAI. You don't use any oil on the Mopar CAI. It does look like as if it got the least bit dirty it would restrict the air flow because the holes are so small.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I would say it's not needed, especially since it just became available a few weeks ago. It was originally part of the Mopar 10 package, and then became an individual part. It may be used help to keep moisture out of the filter since the Mopar 10 cars have the "ram-air" T/A hood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts