Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Sorry if this is the wrong section for this post. I've had the car for almost 2 months and the previous owner had a short shifter and a catback installed. I was wondering if its lowered as well. Seems like its slightly lower than other Challengers I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
Look at your springs for a part number and what color are they.

This was my '10 RTC with Mopar Stage One springs installed. The Mopar springs are blue.

13698.jpg

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,184 Posts
Yes, SRT cars are lower form the factory. My 14 is lowered also and looks JUST like yours...………...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wonder if the scat packs are also. I just purchased a 2016 SP shaker and it seams like it is much lower i the front than the back.

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
I wonder if the scat packs are also. I just purchased a 2016 SP shaker and it seams like it is much lower i the front than the back.
The SP's do have a nice "rake" to them.

When delivered, my car sat a tad higher, but settled in after a few months, to a perfect ride height IMO.

I'm perfectly happy with my '16.

41577.jpg
67653.jpg
60562.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Man, that blue with the blacked out tint is awesome!!! Yeh, I really think that this car wears a raked look well! I traded my 2015 STI for the SP and I’ve never been so happy with a decision I was first unsure of. This car feels unstoppable!

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
Man, that blue with the blacked out tint is awesome!!! Yeh, I really think that this car wears a raked look well! I traded my 2015 STI for the SP and I’ve never been so happy with a decision I was first unsure of. This car feels unstoppable!
Thanks. Two things that IMO the factory got perfect are the suspension and the exhaust.

It's been 3 1/2 years of total fun, and I'm as happy with it as day one.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
The SP's do have a nice "rake" to them.
When delivered, my car sat a tad higher, but settled in after a few months, to a perfect ride height IMO.
I'm perfectly happy with my '16.

View attachment 976666 View attachment 976668
This sits lower than mine for sure... but my manuf date is 7/2019 so it's pretty fresh... If I settle to this I will be perfectly happy...right now my fenders measure 29.75" front and 30.5" rear... If I had to guess I'd say you're around half inch lower and looks perfect...Happen to have your measurements?

I can't imagine settling more than 1/8 to 1/4" but I will run her around another month or so before I buy lowering springs...really just want to get down about 1/2" front and 3/4" rear...

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
This sits lower than mine for sure... but my manuf date is 7/2019 so it's pretty fresh... If I settle to this I will be perfectly happy...right now my fenders measure 29.75" front and 30.5" rear... If I had to guess I'd say you're around half inch lower and looks perfect...Happen to have your measurements?

I can't imagine settling more than 1/8 to 1/4" but I will run her around another month or so before I buy lowering springs...really just want to get down about 1/2" front and 3/4" rear...
It did lower with time and miles. The car was just shy of 3 years old and about 25k miles in this pic.

She did sit higher when I took delivery in the Fall of '15. I didn't take any measurements, just drove it and grinned!

I'm pleased how it sits.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hello. Sorry if this is the wrong section for this post. I've had the car for almost 2 months and the previous owner had a short shifter and a catback installed. I was wondering if its lowered as well. Seems like its slightly lower than other Challengers I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
It does appear to sit lower. I have a 2016 SP and I noticed that on mine, especially after about 2 - 3 months. I just can barely fit three fingers between the top edge of my front tire and the edge of the fender opening.

Reactions: 19johned53
1 - 11 of 11 Posts