Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to order an R/T Classic, probably auto and I see plenty of reference to the Super Track Pack for $495. However, the older regular Track Pack is not listed as an option. Does anyone know if it is still offered (and in the Auto cars) for 2011? Is it now just put in them all? I also saw no mention of the Electronic Convenience Group. EVIC standard now??? I'd really like a taller gear than the 3.06. If you have any knowledge of the changes in 2011, or if I'm mistaken about something, please let me know, Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Track Pack is the name for the 6-speed option package, and has nothing to do with Super Track Pack.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, I see. So, the manual 6 speed can have the Track Pack, but not the Auto. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Ok, I am little confused on this one, since I have been over the Dodge site a few times, and it doesn't list the Trac Pac option even for the manual, only list the Super Trac Pac for either auto or manual. And this is for all levels of the R/T. Now the Charger side of it has a Charger R/T Road and Track selection(which I think is the standard Trac Pac), but you can superceed that with selecting the Super Trac Pac in options.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
The Charger Road and Track package is not Super Track Pack, that is still a separate option package.

The Track Pack is not mentioned on the Challenger for '11 because the 6-speed is now standard equipment, whereas before it was an option (called Track Pack).

Super Track Pack is available for either transmission.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
The Charger Road and Track package is not Super Track Pack, that is still a separate option package.

The Track Pack is not mentioned on the Challenger for '11 because the 6-speed is now standard equipment, whereas before it was an option (called Track Pack).

Super Track Pack is available for either transmission.
Ok, cool, thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I am looking to order an R/T Classic, probably auto and I see plenty of reference to the Super Track Pack for $495. However, the older regular Track Pack is not listed as an option. Does anyone know if it is still offered (and in the Auto cars) for 2011? Is it now just put in them all? I also saw no mention of the Electronic Convenience Group. EVIC standard now??? I'd really like a taller gear than the 3.06. If you have any knowledge of the changes in 2011, or if I'm mistaken about something, please let me know, Thanks!!!
Your in Florida... so no need to worry about snow.
So I vote you go for the Super Track Pack... you'll never look back. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
my 2011 super track pack car just arrived two days ago. i ordered it while trading my 2010 track pack car. on the '11 just checking the box for the 6sp automatically gives you everything i paid for as an option in 2010. there are two super track pack options available depending on your tire package. 18" gets the 3.73 rear and 20" gets the 3.92 rear. aside from that the twin disc clutch, brakes, load level suspension, larger rear sway bar, esp turn off, non-MDS, heavy duty cooling, and different computer calibration are all standard on the 2011 super cars. EVIC is not standard. my car does not have it. it does have a different cluster which looks kind of like EVIC and the steering wheel controls. when i ordered mine the auto trans eliminated the super track pack option from the form. i don't believe it is available with the auto trans. BTW my 2011 is a completely different animal than my 2010. the new steering is awesome.

·
Registered
145 Posts
my 2011 super track pack car just arrived two days ago. i ordered it while trading my 2010 track pack car. on the '11 just checking the box for the 6sp automatically gives you everything i paid for as an option in 2010. there are two super track pack options available depending on your tire package. 18" gets the 3.73 rear and 20" gets the 3.92 rear. aside from that the twin disc clutch, brakes, load level suspension, larger rear sway bar, esp turn off, non-MDS, heavy duty cooling, and different computer calibration are all standard on the 2011 super cars. EVIC is not standard. my car does not have it. it does have a different cluster which looks kind of like EVIC and the steering wheel controls. when i ordered mine the auto trans eliminated the super track pack option from the form. i don't believe it is available with the auto trans. BTW my 2011 is a completely different animal than my 2010. the new steering is awesome.
I test drove one and was hooked :)
Saturday i ordered a 6 speed R/T and have a question for you, mine has the super track pack and 20's...
What does non-MDS mean, and what all is involved in the heavy duty cooling? Bigger radiator? EVIC ?

Thanks
BW

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was looking at the window stickers for a 2011 classic 6 speed w/ STP..

It lists the following,
-Track tune suspension
-245/45ZR20 BSW performance tires (Goodyear Brand Tires)

Shouldn't this mean those are the only thing that replaces the standard equipment, therefore this lead me to believe that for the 2011 classic 6 speed the $495 gets you some springs & summer tires?

And does the 2011 classic Non-STP not have the full ESP off? Can someone verify?

·
Registered
558 Posts
It has been clarified already, I think, but if this helps explain: On my 2010 window sticker, the "track Pak" is not a seperate listing, but it is referenced. It is tucked up underneath the 6 speed manual transmission, which cost $995 in 2010 as everyone knows. This sorta clarifies that if you got the $995 manual transmission, it was a package that included (in addition to the manual transmission): 3.73 rear, anti-spin differential, bright pedals, hill start assist, performance steering, and Track Pak. All of this is together under the manual transmission. At least that is how it is on my sticker. I learned a lot from looking at stickers from both years. Many dealers post their window stickers, so online you can browse hundreds of actual 2011 window stickers, given a little spare time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Electronics Convenient Group (Remote start (automatic only), Universal Garage Opener, Temperature and Compass Gauge, tire pressure monitor, security alarm) is standard for the 2011 Plus/Classic. It's listed on my order sheet and you can find it in the 2011 Challenger Brochure on the "Interior Features Standard On All Dodge Challengers".

·
Registered
148 Posts
steering

Does anyone know what the upgraded components were for the improved steering in the 2011? I recently test drove a 392 limited edition but bought ultimately bought a 2010 SRT8. I did feel a difference in suspension...the 2011 was bone jarring but the steering was much more race like. The $12000 price difference steered me to the 2010 SRT over the 2011. But...I wonder what the improvement were (especially steering) and if they can be modded onto a 2010?

thanks
Allan

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
Does anyone know what the upgraded components were for the improved steering in the 2011? I recently test drove a 392 limited edition but bought ultimately bought a 2010 SRT8. I did feel a difference in suspension...the 2011 was bone jarring but the steering was much more race like. The $12000 price difference steered me to the 2010 SRT over the 2011. But...I wonder what the improvement were (especially steering) and if they can be modded onto a 2010?

thanks
Allan
The steering ratio is faster (old 16.6:1, new 14.6:1), plus the physical mounting of the rack is different for a more solid feel. The diameter of the 2011 wheel is smaller, so it will have some effect on the feel of the ratio /effort at the wheel.

Also, the front suspension mounting points were changed (for 2011) and the front has some negative camber (bottom of tire tilts out in straight ahead position) and this contributes to a more responsive feel to the steering as well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was looking at the window stickers for a 2011 classic 6 speed w/ STP..

It lists the following,
-Track tune suspension
-245/45ZR20 BSW performance tires (Goodyear Brand Tires)

Shouldn't this mean those are the only thing that replaces the standard equipment, therefore this lead me to believe that for the 2011 classic 6 speed the $495 gets you some springs & summer tires?

And does the 2011 classic Non-STP not have the full ESP off? Can someone verify?
The STP is also supposed to swap out the brake pads as well for something grippier.

The Dodge website also lists the following as part of the STP;
* Performance steering w/electronic variable assist

I don't know if this is a different ratio or if the assist falloff is different on the STP than the regular car.

This is also purely anecdotal, but I'm wondering if it also bypasses that stupid skip shift as I have NEVER managed to get it to engage in my 2011 6spd, even when trying to do so.

Unless the 2011s have had the skip shift disabled anyway.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I havent noticed any skp shift on my 2011 r/t plus 6speed , I do wonder what shocks i have, nivo or bilstien Is there a physical differance ?

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
I havent noticed any skp shift on my 2011 r/t plus 6speed , I do wonder what shocks i have, nivo or bilstien Is there a physical differance ?
You have it, depends on driving conditions. Stay in 1st gear, accelerate moderately until 20-21 mph (most don't stay in first that long) and then try to shift...you'll get blocked out of the #2 gate along with the Shift 1 > 4 message in the display in the speedometer.

Shocks:
There's a white label by Chrysler on the upper part of the rear shock - it will state either Sachs - Nivomat or Bilsten.
The R/Ts appear to have black color Bilsteins when they're equipped with those (mostly Super Track Pack optioned).

The lower shock body would have a silver/black band style label of Bilstein's on them as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts