Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Challenger GT AWD. Is Ripp Supercharger trust worthy? What's the longevity because I live in Illinois? Thinking about investing in one. Someone help me out.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
253 Posts
There are a few members that have used RIPP super charges and they seemed pleased with them.

Couple post even in the last few months.

Do a search for RIPP you may find what your looking for in previous post.

Welcome to the group.

Share some pics when you can.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
The Jeeps have been running them since 2010-2011 (many 3.8s, but same design)

A Guy

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you buy one, buy directly from Ripp.
There's a guy on youtube whose supercharger unit failed, and Ripp refused to fix it because he technically 'didn't buy it from them.'

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw that video. Thats why I asked.

The video if I'm not mistaken was a Challenger. He goes by the name "Wulf".

How many miles will it last on a 2019 Challenger V6 by the way?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
He's a member here, hasn't posted here about it yet

A Guy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are Ripp Superchargers the best on the market? If not, what's another best supercharger?

Forgive me for annoying but I'm going to be spending alot of money & I don't want my engine getting damaged if you know what I mean.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
For a kit, all inclusive, it's either a Ripp or a Sprintex. The Sprintex is an actual top of engine supercharger, has lower HP and TQ numbers than the Ripp, and requires hood modifications to fit. It seems to be much less popular than the Ripp

The Prodigy Twin Turbo has the highest purported numbers of them all, but as far as I know does not exist in the wild, always listed as on backorder on their site

IF I was in the market for a supercharger, I'd be looking at the Ripp. With recommended boost levels, the stock engine should be very reliable, the driveline should be also, but that would be the weakest link I believe

The failure on Wulfs seems to be an installation issue (oil leak that went unnoticed), and not a failure of the Vortex centrifugal supercharger head unit, which has a good record

Honestly, it's not a good investment, but if you really want to get more power from the V6, it is the best bet

A Guy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Say I have a question. Does anyone know size engine whether it be a srt or scat pack in a 2019 Challenger GT? Just curious.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
If I understand your question, 3.6L V6 for SXT/GT, R/T non Scat would be 5.7L, R/T Scat Pack has 6.4L, SRT/Hellcats 6.2L

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
I won't say not possible

But you need mad skills or someone to do the work free :)

Basically, to pay to have an engine swapped, you'd likely exceed the cost of a supercharger, and in the case of the 5.7, the supercharged V6 will have more power. It will likely make more power than a stock 6.4 for that matter

A Guy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts