Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20180623_212119_01.jpg

IMG_20180627_200555.jpg Just picked up my 2018 Scat Pack 392 Shaker w/dynamic package a few days ago, now I think I've doomed myself to a few years of "Is that a Hellcat?"
Haha ugh!

I've had them all from Camaro's to Mustang Gt's to MINI Cooper JCW GP2 to Jaguar XKR and this is the most Bad Ass of them all!!

What a cool ride, it was a last minute choice wasn't even on the radar but glad this is the one I chose...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
Just wait until the 2019 Scat Pack Widebody model arrives with the old Hellcat hood. Talk about confusing the public.

This is causing some models to lose their uniqueness. Dodge has been doing this since day one in an effort to increase profits. I can recall when we were told that Hemi-orange was an exclusive one-time color to be used only on the inaugural 2008 SRT. Then, it was offered for two additional years on the SRT and the R/T.

·
Super Moderator
16,082 Posts
Just wait until the 2019 Scat Pack Widebody model arrives with the old Hellcat hood. Talk about confusing the public.
Other than the wheels - the SP WB will look just like an '18 HC WB, except for the fender badges and different rear spoiler

Reactions: Brewcitygymratt

·
Registered
116 Posts
i just answer the question with "no, the hellcat does not have the cool hole in the hood for the engine" (the average person would likely not understand if you called it a Shaker)

·
Registered
148 Posts

This is causing some models to lose their uniqueness. Dodge has been doing this since day one in an effort to increase profits. I can recall when we were told that Hemi-orange was an exclusive one-time color to be used only on the inaugural 2008 SRT. Then, it was offered for two additional years on the SRT and the R/T.
They did this with the Shakers on the 2014 Challengers. Only a certain number were going to be produced, and because MOPAR suckers like myself jumped at the chance to get an actual factory made Shaker on a new Challenger, all orders were filled within two weeks. Next thing you know the 2015+ cars are coming with Shakers and with the same body decal scheme.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts