Registered
37 Posts
"The Dodge Challenger has been given the go-ahead..."

:eek::p:D
I hope so...maybe allpar.com was right?

·
Registered
25 Posts
THE FUTURE OF THE MUSCLE~PONEY CAR LOOKS BETTER AND BETTER!

I am treating myself to a new toy in 2009: this is for sure. I love american muscle cars for their big engines with high torque.

The new 2009 Mustang will have an IRS suspension and a great body: I love fastbacks and I want an IRS. I love to drive very fast on rough twisty side roads at night: it is CHALLENGing (you see the lights of the very rare uncoming traffic and you can then slow down...then go back to speed! I never had an accident in my whole life: I learned very young on the racing circuit.. and I also have been lucky.) At the limit, an IRS is harder to destabilized on rough roads, skips less and bites back sooner than a solid axle. IT WILL BE BUILT since it already exists in its present form. It will be just better.

GM needs the Camaro to get back on the map.. and GM knows it. The Camaro will be built and will have IRS and a geat body. It should get out around 2009. THE CAMARO WILL BE BUILT.

DCX knows that the Camaro will be built but I think that DCX is waiting the official YES from GM to right after shout YES to building the new Challenger and in so doing stealing the thunder from GM. The RT will get out mid 2007 with IRS and a the best body. The SRT8 version should get out about a year later as a 2009 model. I am dreaming of a HEMI~CUDA style hood with the inscription HEMI~SRT8 on each side of the shaker! THE CHALLENGER WILL BE BUILT.

Around 2009, we will then have THREE CHOICES, BUT I will then WITHOUT A DOUBT buy the CHALLENGER HEMI SRT8 if DCX build it as the concept but with an even more potent engine.

If DCX do not see the light and do not step up to the plate, I will still have two choices and I will then buy a top Camaro or a top Mustang.

Until 2009, I will keep busy enjoying my new 2005 toy: a cardinal red Triumph Rocket III motorcycle (2300 c.c.~ 3 cylinders) with Corbins fairing, Corbins fiberglass bags and lots of added chrome. 0-60 in less than 3 secs! What a thrill!

THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT INDEED..AND I BET DCX WILL MAKE IT BLINDING FOR ALL MOPAR FANS!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I work for a factory owned by DCX and they have a weekly newsletter called the "DaimlerChrysler Times". In it they stated that the challenger has been approved for production. What they didn't say were the details about the release. They didn't say when exactly it was scheduled or give any specific details about powertrain, pricing, chassis, etc. They did say it's going to be on the LY platform which is a redesign of the LX. That is said to be ready in 2009. Timing can change alot though just look at the GMT900 truck platform for GM. That was moved up by a full year.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: Challenger approved for production

balddude said:
I work for a factory owned by DCX and they have a weekly newsletter called the "DaimlerChrysler Times". In it they stated that the challenger has been approved for production. What they didn't say were the details about the release. They didn't say when exactly it was scheduled or give any specific details about powertrain, pricing, chassis, etc. They did say it's going to be on the LY platform which is a redesign of the LX. That is said to be ready in 2009. Timing can change alot though just look at the GMT900 truck platform for GM. That was moved up by a full year.

You made my day. :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I'll sleep better tonight knowing that. My girlfriend might be a little upset :rolleyes: but oh well she'll get over it, eventually.:cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
That seems to be excellent news, but I'm still skeptical. By the way, I agree with cudagirl's attitude. If I find out that guy is lying, I will pick up all of the armanent I own and hunt that boy down!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I do not know if it is true or not, however if it is I'll beat you down to the dealer.. man has got to do what a man gots to do. Just joking! I can't wait so i can resume good:cool: ole funnin. c/ya

1 - 20 of 76 Posts