Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Any more specific info on the suspension changes somewhere on the web? I did hear about new tubular cradles and such in the intro...but entirely new design away from the Mercedes layouts?

·
Super Moderator
15,087 Posts
Any more specific info on the suspension changes somewhere on the web? I did hear about new tubular cradles and such in the intro...but entirely new design away from the Mercedes layouts?
You still have the coil spring / front strut layout and their version of 5-link IRS, but there's substantially more alloy used in the Maserati design.

the rear axle is a different design cast aluminum housing and axles 195mm for SXT and 230mm for V8 applications.

OntarioStreetCar.com » LA platform dodge challenger

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks, interesting for sure. I'm surprised they did all that to the car as part of the cosmetic refresh. Cant wait to see them when they come out

·
Registered
411 Posts
With any first year cars I'm
Always hesitant. If I were looking at a new challenger id wait for 2016.
I always think of the first year buyers as guinea pigs for a new drug... Most respond to it great.. But
There are some that get terrible
Side effects from it... Ie problems with the car.

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
ChallengerR/TFan,

Well, I have no problems with the "1st year" 2015 cars. In fact, I now have one in my garage. :D The fit and finish of the 2015 is better than it was on my 2009 car when I took delivery in November 2008.

I purchased a nearly "1st year" 2009 Challenger if you don't count the few months production of the 2008 cars. The manual transmission was indeed the 1st year. That car has been trouble free (except a water pump @ 47,000 miles that was fixed under warrant at no cost to me).

I would not worry at all about buying one. If you like the looks of the 2015 cars, then get one. :thup:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I tend to agree. I work for an OE automotive parts supplier, and I've seen the pains that the auto makers put us through on new model launches.
Still see quite a few recalls and problems with new models, though, despite the extra attention to detail.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You will be fine as long as you don't care about flickering HiD headlights, shifter bezels that don't fit, radios with static, radios that don't work, radios that the power drops out or instrument clusters that are inoperable. This is from someone who ordered an early production 2015 Challenger.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
You will be fine as long as you don't care about flickering HiD headlights, shifter bezels that don't fit, radios with static, radios that don't work, radios that the power drops out or instrument clusters that are inoperable. This is from someone who ordered an early production 2015 Challenger.
Didn't you cancel your order? I have not read of a single person who has taken delivery of a car and had any of those issues.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes I canceled it because after 4 weeks in JS (and it is still in JS) I got concerned about how much rework was being done on the car. The above post was out of frustration with Dodge for messing up a car I had looked forward to getting for over a year. I still may buy one that was not built during the 2 or 3 weeks that seemed to generate all the problems. Cars built later only spend 1 or 2 days on JS.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Yes I canceled it because after 4 weeks in JS (and it is still in JS) I got concerned about how much rework was being done on the car. The above post was out of frustration with Dodge for messing up a car I had looked forward to getting for over a year. I still may buy one that was not built during the 2 or 3 weeks that seemed to generate all the problems. Cars built later only spend 1 or 2 days on JS.
Your post suggests issues that no one is experiencing on a delivered car. In fairness to you I am one who did only spend a weekend in JS. I can understand your frustration, but its not right to prospective owners to post misleading statements

21 - 31 of 31 Posts