Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the rear bumper is different, but are the body lines the same? In other words, would the 2015 scat pack stripe match up the exact same on a 2008-14 challenger?

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,874 Posts
I know the rear bumper is different, but are the body lines the same? In other words, would the 2015 scat pack stripe match up the exact same on a 2008-14 challenger?

Yes they are the same, no sheet metal on the outer body (except the front hood), have been changed.

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
Well, yes and no. My understanding is that the contours and shapes are the same, but the the rear wheel well lips are "rolled" on the '15's.

There was a thread about this a while back.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
The exterior shape is the same but the rear quarters have been "hemmed" (Dodge's words) like the Mustang's quarters where they are creased upward so there is no flat lip anymore around the wheel opening. The front fenders on the 15's have more of the "rolled" shape now where they are contoured upward as if they were hit real hard by the tires. All of this was done in the name of tire clearance.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The body lines are the same as the 2008 - 2014 Challengers. The 2015 Scat Pack stripe will fit prior years.

The posters are correct that the 2015's have rolled front and rear fenders, but the only thing that is rolled is the inner fender plastic. The rear quarter panels (sheet metal) are the exact same shape as the 08 - 14 rear quarter panels.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
The body lines are the same as the 2008 - 2014 Challengers. The 2015 Scat Pack stripe will fit prior years.

The posters are correct that the 2015's have rolled front and rear fenders, but the only thing that is rolled is the inner fender plastic. The rear quarter panels (sheet metal) are the exact same shape as the 08 - 14 rear quarter panels.
No, it's the sheet metal that is different (not plastic as you posted), however the exterior lines of the quarter panels and the front fenders are the same. Trust me, I have a '15 and the fender and quarter metal "lips" are very different than my previous two Challengers. You'll never know it unless you feel around the wheel openings. To the OP, the stripe will fit no problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love this forum. I got my question answered quickly and learned some details in the process.

Now if I could just make up my mind on changing my stripes or not. :scratchhead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts