1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
564 Posts
Seems like they could have written that about the SRT 392 last year. I'm guessing the srt will be headed to the chopping block soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just my guess. The only real difference between the TA 392 and the SRT 392 is the 3 mode suspension. I'm not sure how Dodge will justify much of a price gap between the two. Seems redundant. The scat started the process of cannibalizing the SRT but there was enough of a difference between the models for them to coexist. I think the TA is going to finish it off.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I don't think the rears have that option on any trim. I know my SRT didn't and my current HC doesn't have that option.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I'm not sure if the T/A 392 will have the Laguna leather available, if not then the SRT 392 will have that and the suspension over the T/A. Still not enough to justify the price gap.

To me, it makes sense that the SRT moniker changes from an actual trim to parts options and the trim levels trace back to the Challenger's heritage, which is where they've been going with the whole Dodge Brothers campaign.

I'll be very surprised to see the T/A models existing along side ALL of the trims that were available for 2016. There are already so many to choose from, adding more trims and not getting rid of some others will make for a very crowded line-up.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I guess they will be continuing all of the previous models and adding the T/As, this was posted in another thread.

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=17584&mid=5

Model Lineup
For 2017, the Dodge Challenger lineup consists of 10 models:
  • Challenger SXT
  • Challenger SXT Plus
  • Challenger R/T
  • Challenger R/T Shaker
  • Challenger T/A
  • Challenger R/T Plus
  • Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
  • Challenger T/A Plus
  • Challenger R/T Scat Pack
  • Challenger T/A 392
  • Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker
  • Challenger SRT 392
  • Challenger SRT Hellcat

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
RS is convinced there will be a 2017 AWD Challenger with 3.6L engine but Dodge so far is mum.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'm not sure if the T/A 392 will have the Laguna leather available, if not then the SRT 392 will have that and the suspension over the T/A. Still not enough to justify the price gap.[/QUOTE

Drivers conv. group, nav. and the Harman Kardon soundsystem are all in the SRT 392 as well, but I can live w/out them.

That T/A 392 looks to be one hell of a deal, as long as you don't go nuts with the options.

I'm looking forward to further details, as I will be ready to order a new challenger this coming winter.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I'm not sure if the T/A 392 will have the Laguna leather available, if not then the SRT 392 will have that and the suspension over the T/A. Still not enough to justify the price gap.
Drivers conv. group, nav. and the Harman Kardon soundsystem are all in the SRT 392 as well, but I can live w/out them.

That T/A 392 looks to be one hell of a deal, as long as you don't go nuts with the options.

I'm looking forward to further details, as I will be ready to order a new challenger this coming winter.
Right, I was referring to things that were exclusive to the SRT 392. The nav and HK audio are options on other trim levels, but you can't get the Laguna leather, 6-piston Brembos, or 3-mode suspension as options on current models below the SRT 392. So the list of items exclusive to the SRT 392 that aren't available on lower trims is very small which makes it hard to justify the cost of the SRT 392 over the other models.

If you deck out a Scat Pack with everything except the sunroof then it's about $4000 less than the SRT 392 (MSRP). That $4000 gets you Laguna leather, which you can switch for the Nappa/Suede for no price change, 3-mode suspension, and 6-piston front calipers instead of 4-piston. So now you add the T/A into the mix between the Scat and SRT 392 where you should be able to get everything the SRT 392 has except for Laguna leather and 3-mode suspension for what kind of price difference? I guess we'll have to see. :)

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
How true is the AWD thing though? I know it's all over the internet, but no actual confirmation from FCA. These articles all stem from a source that still thinks the Barracuda is going to happen. That's a rumor that has long lived it's course and needs to be dropped already. I question the validity of this, along with the change to the "Giorgio" platform for 2018. It seems every month we're getting new "News" what's going to happen. Last I heard, it was getting a minor refresh in 2018, a 300 hp turbo 4 in 2019, and like the Charger, staying on this platform until 2021. So which is it? I'm not believing it until I see it on a stage at an auto show, with an FCA representative talking about it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts