Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ‘19 Challenger GT and I really want to buy the Borla Atak Exhaust but I don’t wanna get tickets for my exhaust being too loud, anyone here have any idea just how loud these things are going to make my car? Should I just go for it any way?

·
Premium Member
10,176 Posts
Borla in my opinion is one of the louder exhausts available for our cars, but it sounds great! Check out the video below:

If we can help with anything let us know.

- Alexis

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a ‘19 Challenger GT and I really want to buy the Borla Atak Exhaust but I don’t wanna get tickets for my exhaust being too loud, anyone here have any idea just how loud these things are going to make my car? Should I just go for it any way?
This America and American muscle. Loud pipes save lives. I think youll be fine HC are loud factory and i dont see your GT being louder

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Its called the borla attack....its loud....its actually the loudest one they make

Also fyi from cali here too...

The “decibel” limit for exhaust was redacted last year so that law is no longer in effect. As long as your car passes emissions theres no legality issue
Is that going to stop cops from bugging? No

My solo exhaust is quieter then most factory exhausts with the active valves these days

When i got pulled over for “tint and exhaust” Omw up to the canyons, i told the cop “she has cats, reso’s, and mufflers”

He “let it slide” and gave me a front plate ticket

·
Registered
604 Posts
Seems like a waste of money since the stock exhaust sounds so good.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,741 Posts
The decibel law has never changed, only the new amendment makes it a fix-it ticket again

That said, you'd likely only run afoul of this on a surface street at WOT. If you're WOT on a surface street, chances are you'll have bigger problems. I doubt the CHP would ever bother you entering a freeway on ramp for instance, unless you were speeding in front of them ;)

GT exhaust "sounds so good"??

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
Not to mention REAL stainless and BETTER sound. I live in a state of STUPID loud diesel trucks. So like to see then give me a ticket for the borla system.

Like only 10 challengers here running around...…………..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts