Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
As much as the R/T is to the GT or the SS.

·
Registered
540 Posts
In a nutshell, it's going to fall short in some areas, and come in third in a lot of magazine/YouTube head-to-head comparisons. But that's not why we bought our Challengers, is it?

·
Registered
404 Posts
In a nutshell, it's going to fall short in some areas, and come in third in a lot of magazine/YouTube head-to-head comparisons. But that's not why we bought our Challengers, is it?
It'll come third in performance but first in style. :thumbsup:

Reactions: xbringdarukusx

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think it will be close with the ZL1 more than anything for straight line. For corners it will be third most likely against z28 or boss/gt350. I would love if it could shut up all of the Ford lovers and beat the GT500 but that will take alot ;( Then they will say it cost 10-20K more..

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Yeah this car won't even be close. It's actually unclear what it's for. Nobody knows. I think it's more of a GT500 competitor than anything but I still don't think it will work out. I mean, it won't be around for long with all this EPA stuff either. Too bad too because this could be an area that bears lots of fruit for Mopar, they just need to stay on top of things and stay current with the competition. Not 2 years behind.

Reactions: Bad daytona

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
The Z28 is a track car which can be used on the street go figure when you can delete heater, A/C, Radio, Back seat ect... the Z28 is going to perform on the track (road course) and figure your going to pay $75,000.00 plus tax.

The HellCat will be more in line with the ZL1 for street use and IMO much better looking should be interesting how they stack up when they line up on the road. :burnout:

Reactions: 2510 and Johnman

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Nope, the Hellcat powered Challenger will compete, and get compared to, the ZL1 and GT500.

I'm with HEMIZSP, the Challenger Scat Pack Edition (new special model) might be the direct competitor for the Z/28 -- we will see in less than a week.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Really...?

It must be Friday and out of things to argue about.

Where is that kid with the missing fob when we need him...

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I say no. It might end up being similar in price range but the buyers will be 2 totally different groups with different preferences. I'm predicting a lot of Hellcat Challengers will be fully loaded with all the bells and whistles because that's how dealers will order them.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I say no. It might end up being similar in price range but the buyers will be 2 totally different groups with different preferences. I'm predicting a lot of Hellcat Challengers will be fully loaded with all the bells and whistles because that's how dealers will order them.
Agree, two different audiences. I bet there'll be Camaro, mustang and cts-v owners moving to a Hellcat!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I don't understand that some can say that it will come in third when no one has a shred of Information on the details of the Hellcat.NONE!Just speculation and hearsay.
All I can say is I hope that it kicks some serious tail so those Ford an GM folks can poke it in their!!!! Pipes and smoke it!

·
Registered
2012 R/T Classic
769 Posts
I can't believe that anybody really gives a shit how it compares to ANY other vehicle ... either you want one or you don't. Who buys a vehicle based on specs? For me, zero fukks given about any vehicle with better "specs" than the Challenger ... ymmv :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
The Hellcats mission is....

....to be the best MOPAR. To be a COOL Hemi...to look better than the competition...AND have SIMILAR power.

1. Will it be faster, straight line, than a GT 500? No
2. Will it be faster, straight line, than the new GT 350? Maybe, but probably not.
3. Will it be faster on a twisty track than a Z28? Certainly NOT.

What will it be? It will be what Challenger Owners always wanted. Similar power, in a better looking car. Most RT owners wanted 425 HP (even when they knew the 420 HP GT Mustang would still beat them). SRT owners wanted 650 HP, even when they knew a GT 500 would still beat them. They simply wanted to be a contender...

The HELLCAT will be a great HEMI/MOPAR. It will be in the same league as GT 500. It will be cooler...but slower. It will never track as well as Z28. It will SELL to people like us. THE CAR MAGAZINES WILL DESTROY IT WITH BAD REVIEWS, AS IT WILL STILL BE HEAVIER, AND MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE COMPETITION. THIS IS A CERTAINTY.

Reactions: 2510
1 - 20 of 121 Posts