Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on the board for a few months now. I am not keeping stats but it really seems the # of posts and the "buzz" is going away. Something I posted about a while back that DCX needed to make some type of announcement on plans of building the Challenger soon to keep the buzz alive. I am already starting to lose interest myself in coming to the board to hear the same old stuff without any real news.

I fear this could be driving potential sales away (except for the hardcore people waiting) and then ultimately lost sales. Lost sales could lead to high priced limited edition cars and ultimately less profit for DCX. Kind of a lose-lose situation. I truly feel that people that have some interest in the car and are looking to buy one soon will hold out if they knew it was coming. Otherwise your casual buyer will see it is a concept only and move on to their 2nd choice, never looking back.

Maybe we can get a good thread going we can email to Dodge Marketing to expidite some news?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't really think the magic is lost.....just subdued somewhat. I also think it is due to there being no word out, as you mentioned. I am usually viewing here every day for some sort of official announcement on production of this great car. I also thought that announcement would have come out already. I spend time viewing charger forums since I have one and get to read advances/issues that come up with the new cars. I really am looking forward to doing the same thing with my own Challenger.....if they would just announce that it is going to be built and when I might be able to purchase one. I do have a lot of wishes/wants and such regarding the Challenger; however, I am primarily sticking with the forums for the cars I actually have now. So I guess it really has sort of worn down on me a bit but I will continue to check back here for official 'word' on my next musclecar. Really wish they would get off their keesters and let us all know what is going on so we would know where our hard earned money will be going in the near (hopefully) future!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
No "BUZZ" lost here. Check the board frequently. I'm just more of a reader than a poster. So much has been talked about already, but always interested in new stuff. Saving my pennies for this car.

·
Registered
152 Posts
No Magic lost here, Just started my Challenger savings account ;)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Are you new to the car forum world?

Here is how it goes...

Someone posts a spy photo in a magazine. Website goes nuts. Lots of speculation. Then it settles down into a quiet lull because there is nothing to talk about.

Then the show car is displayed. Website goes nuts. Lots of speculation. Then it settles down into a quiet lull because there is nothing to talk about. (where we are now, by the way).

Then, they officially announce the car will be built. Website goes nuts. Lots of speculation. Then it settles down into a quiet lull because there is nothing to talk about.

Next, they officially announce the specs. Lots of cheering and complaining as the winners boast and the losers whine. Why is it a manual only? Why is it so heavy? Why is it taking so long? Then it settles down into a quiet lull because there is nothing to talk about.

Next, they start taking preorders. Lots and lots and lots of activity through all the problems with unscrupulous Dealers gouging for many thousands over MSRP and people scrambling to try to get their pre-orders in. Kind of settles down except everyone is griping about getting gouged and how long it is taking to get my car when they promised me I was 1st in line, etc. & etc.

Then the 1st cars get delivered to the beaming 1st owners, who take lots of photos and make everyone else jealous.

Then the 1st owners start whining about what a POS the car is, due to the inevitable 1st year bugs.

And finally, the car gets common, the kill threads come out, the forum for modifying your car goes nuts, and you get members asking "is the Magic gone? Do you remember when the forum was small and everyone was tight and cool and friendly and nice. Now we have a bunch of Mustang and Camaro jerks over here talking up the GT500 and the Z/28 and I'm going to get a supercharger for my 6.1 and go kick some..."

Well, thats how all these forums go. Enjoy the start-up while it lasts. The members will never be nicer than they are now.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jimbo said:
Are you new to the car forum world?
Actually no, but I am new to a forum more or less dedicated to a concept only car. I have never anticipated a car like this either.

I can say the magic is not lost for me but it has been diminshed. As I said though, I believe the magic is lost for alot of people. Of course for them, they are not reading this forum and able to answer this post! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Jimbo is dead on the money. This is exactly how it works. Hills and valleys (mostly long, boring valleys) all the way until the car is in your hands. Everyone can relax because there won't be any news of relevance (from DCX) on the car for probably - I'd guess - at least 4-6 more months. Of course you'll get plenty of dealer, "insider" and other gossip to drive you slowly nuts until then.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I want one TODAY! I don't want a limited edition model that you'll have to wait 30 years for at $250k either! I want pavement pounding HP! I want a drop top too! Now!

As for it dying down you have to think that for us gear heads we've been starving for news. For the general population they haven't clue so for them the ground swell of excitement hasn't started yet.

In 10 months this will start all over again with a production start date and preproduction models in the reviewers/magazine editor's stables. Scheduled leaks of power and performance numbers and color/option packages.

It is just going to be hell until this is formalized. Find a dealership or inside person now that will work with you so you can be the first on the block to have one of these beauties!

·
Registered
102 Posts
No magic lost here either.
I check this site at least twice a day...It's just that all has been said about the Challenger concept, there are no real news at the moment, and I guess everybody is just waiting for something to happen.

I made up a list of cars that I could possibly buy in the next 1-3 years to replace my 2005 Mustang GT (which I still love but from the beginning I knew I got it to have something nicer and a bit sportier than an average car, while I was waiting to see what car would steal my heart) and the Challenger is still #1 (I am keeping an eye on the upcoming E92 BMW M3, the Audi RS4 and S6, the Evo X and the Z06...in this order...) and by far.

So, like I believe everybody else, I am waiting. If DCX decides not to build it,
my next car will most likely be one of those in parenthesis...

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
No Magic lost here! I sold my last muscle car in 1986.
It was a 1971 Super Bee, 4 speed, power windows, cloth seats and no rust.
I have been waiting for 20 years another 2 isn't gonna kill me.
Don't ask how much $ I sold it for it makes me cry.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yep, JimBo pretty much nailed it on the head. :D Was down at the dealer today for some 'other' car work, and they haven't heard anything new on the Challenger yet. One of these days..................

·
Registered
72 Posts
The "magic" is still here...:p but DCX is feeding us lots of sleeping pills! We are posting on this site in our sleep..drooling on our chin...hoping DCX will wake us up with the good news...Something like " It is official! Today at 10:00 a.m., DCX officially proclaimed that the CHALLENGER WILL BE BUILT TOMORROW with all the options... at a low price and...:D "

OH NO, I AM DREAMING AGAIN! :eek: I hate those DCX sleeping pills...! :mad:

·
Registered
70 Posts
The magic isnt lost its just on hold ....I always check the site when i got a free moment I may not always log in. I consider myself on the ole military standby of .... Hurry up and wait .... for this one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
JustACelt said:
The magic isnt lost its just on hold ....I always check the site when i got a free moment I may not always log in. I consider myself on the ole military standby of .... Hurry up and wait .... for this one.
i know those words well.. infantry, do or die

1 - 20 of 42 Posts