Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm getting ready to order a 2021 RT Scat and the salesperson messaged saying she can't order until it comes off restriction. What is the restriction for?

·
Super Moderator
17,470 Posts
Hello. I'm getting ready to order a 2021 RT Scat and the salesperson messaged saying she can't order until it comes off restriction. What is the restriction for?
there can be restrictions - generally in semi-monthly periods.

When orders come in faster than can be be built - usually a supply / logistics issue, they'll place restrictions and then re-open for the next semi-monthly period.

I've seen this happen for A8 transmissions and at times for the 392 / 6.4 engines (they aren't built in as large a quantity as the 3.6 V6 or 5.7 engines)

For example, I ordered mine on Aug 28, 2015 and my order didn't advance to BX status until 9/1 when restrictions were lifted. Within 5 days, I was C status and had a VIN # assigned. Mine was a 392 / M6 build...

When I ordered my '09 R/T back in July 2008, there were production restrictions on M6 transmissions - mine went back / forth in the "B" status categories...eventually it was built but my M6 was the only manual transmission order my dealer received in calendar 2008 (I took delivery in Nov 2008)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there can be restrictions - generally in semi-monthly periods.

When orders come in faster than can be be built - usually a supply / logistics issue, they'll place restrictions and then re-open for the next semi-monthly period.

I've seen this happen for A8 transmissions and at times for the 392 / 6.4 engines (they aren't built in as large a quantity as the 3.6 V6 or 5.7 engines)

For example, I ordered mine on Aug 28, 2015 and my order didn't advance to BX status until 9/1 when restrictions were lifted. Within 5 days, I was C status and had a VIN # assigned. Mine was a 392 / M6 build...

When I ordered my '09 R/T back in July 2008, there were production restrictions on M6 transmissions - mine went back / forth in the "B" status categories...eventually it was built but my M6 was the only manual transmission order my dealer received in calendar 2008 (I took delivery in Nov 2008)

Thank you Hal! We are MOPAR to the core and own all Dodge/Plymouth cars: 2015 1500 Crew Cab Ecodeisel, 2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad, 2014 Challenger RT, 1973 Plymouth Cuda and a 1969 Plymouth GTX. 😀

I am working with four different dealerships to get competitive pricing. Some are crazy, offering a 2020 RT for mid 40's after rebates out the door. I have two offering me Scat pack RTs, one a 2020 and one a 2021 with all the specs I want.....black, 6.4 hemi, 6 speed stick, Driver Convenience Group, 8.4" Uconnect, Alpine speakers, Scat decal, etc. for the mid to high 30's out the door. Lower if I finance through Dodge. I'd be crazy not to get the 2021 Scat. That one has to be built and the 2020 is available now. They are both out of state dealerships. The dealers I've contacted here in Kentucky are crazy high. She said it's under restriction right now and she can't tell me what 2021 rebates will be at this time. So I'm trying to decide whether to buy the 2020 now and send a transport after it, or order a 2021 and wait 8-12 weeks and get a year newer car with exactly what I want. It makes sense to get the 2021 Scat.

Thanks for your explanation.

Cindy

·
Registered
16,484 Posts
When I ordered my 16 the 392 engine was on restriction but dealer was still able to order it, maybe something is different now.

Not sure what the time line is as we don't even know when they will start on 2021, they are still finishing 2020.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack A8
232 Posts
I'm willing to bet it is on restriction because they haven't changed over to the next model year yet. I work for a tier 1 automotive component supplier and we are still building 2020 MY orders for one of our customers (very high volume, mostly commercial vehicle) while our other customer has switched over to building 2021 MY vehicles. Covid has really thrown a wrench in the industry. MY changeovers typically happen in July when manufacturers shut down for the 4th of July holiday and retool their lines for the next MY. This usually takes a week or two for a minor retooling and up to a month for a major one. Since we were all locked in our homes in July those changeovers got delayed. One of our customers had a surplus on dealer lots going into the shutdown allowing them to changeover shortly after they came back and the other still had large fleet orders that were already paid for waiting to be built. That customer will finally start building 2021 starting late October after a late in the year 2 week retool. Im willing to bet the Challenger is facing a similar situation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you Hal! We are MOPAR to the core and own all Dodge/Plymouth cars: 2015 1500 Crew Cab Ecodeisel, 2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad, 2014 Challenger RT, 1973 Plymouth Cuda and a 1969 Plymouth GTX. 😀

I am working with four different dealerships to get competitive pricing. Some are crazy, offering a 2020 RT for mid 40's after rebates out the door. I have two offering me Scat pack RTs, one a 2020 and one a 2021 with all the specs I want.....black, 6.4 hemi, 6 speed stick, Driver Convenience Group, 8.4" Uconnect, Alpine speakers, Scat decal, etc. for the mid to high 30's out the door. Lower if I finance through Dodge. I'd be crazy not to get the 2021 Scat. That one has to be built and the 2020 is available now. They are both out of state dealerships. The dealers I've contacted here in Kentucky are crazy high. She said it's under restriction right now and she can't tell me what 2021 rebates will be at this time. So I'm trying to decide whether to buy the 2020 now and send a transport after it, or order a 2021 and wait 8-12 weeks and get a year newer car with exactly what I want. It makes sense to get the 2021 Scat.

Thanks for your explanation.

Cindy
Who are you dealing with at those prices???? I am in Illinois but would look elsewhere for that kind of pricing.......... sounds like you are I are looking for basically the same car

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who are you dealing with at those prices???? I am in Illinois but would look elsewhere for that kind of pricing.......... sounds like you are I are looking for basically the same car
Hello. Sorry. I don’t know when you asked me the question, but I just saw it. We live in northeastern Kentucky and I have gotten competitive pricing from dealers in Kentucky, Illinois, Ohio, Virginia, Pennsylvania and North Carolina. The dealership in North Carolina is the one I bought my 2014 Challenger RT from and it’s who I just ordered my 2021 from. So here’s what I ordered:
2021 Challenger RT Scat
6-Speed Manual Tremec Transmission
Black exterior
Black houndstooth interior
Driver Convenience Group
Alpine Audio Group with subwoofer and surround sound
(I wanted the bumblebee stripe kit, but for 2021 Dodge only offers it if you delete the back seat. Crazy! One has nothing to do with the other, so I’ll be ordering an aftermarket stripe and getting it out on after I get the car.)
The salesperson was very patient and helpful and I just love her. I would recommend her to anyone. Here’s the price I got complete, excluding rebates and incentives since we don’t know which ones will be in effect in January when the car gets here. (It’s 6-8 weeks to get the car after you order.) (There is a $3,000 rebate right now on Challenger RTs, but that may change by January.)

$41,950 minus rebates and incentives at time of delivery plus tax, title, license and doc prep fees from a third-party company. The tentative price with total OTD is $45,390. Of course that will change after rebates and incentives are applied. If the $3k is still in place, that will put it down close to $42k and that’s cheaper than any dealership around priced me a 2020 for. I put in the same specs for ordering a 2021 to 5 different dealerships. The closes one came in at almost $2k above her quote, so I had to go with her.
When I bought my 2014 from them they were delivering within 500 miles for free. Now they only do 300 for free, but I’m just a few miles farther so they are going to throw those in. I’ll be glad to give you her contact info if you’d like it.

Cindy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello. Sorry. I don’t know when you asked me the question, but I just saw it. We live in northeastern Kentucky and I have gotten competitive pricing from dealers in Kentucky, Illinois, Ohio, Virginia, Pennsylvania and North Carolina. The dealership in North Carolina is the one I bought my 2014 Challenger RT from and it’s who I just ordered my 2021 from. So here’s what I ordered:
2021 Challenger RT Scat
6-Speed Manual Tremec Transmission
Black exterior
Black houndstooth interior
Driver Convenience Group
Alpine Audio Group with subwoofer and surround sound
(I wanted the bumblebee stripe kit, but for 2021 Dodge only offers it if you delete the back seat. Crazy! One has nothing to do with the other, so I’ll be ordering an aftermarket stripe and getting it out on after I get the car.)
The salesperson was very patient and helpful and I just love her. I would recommend her to anyone. Here’s the price I got complete, excluding rebates and incentives since we don’t know which ones will be in effect in January when the car gets here. (It’s 6-8 weeks to get the car after you order.) (There is a $3,000 rebate right now on Challenger RTs, but that may change by January.)

$41,950 minus rebates and incentives at time of delivery plus tax, title, license and doc prep fees from a third-party company. The tentative price with total OTD is $45,390. Of course that will change after rebates and incentives are applied. If the $3k is still in place, that will put it down close to $42k and that’s cheaper than any dealership around priced me a 2020 for. I put in the same specs for ordering a 2021 to 5 different dealerships. The closes one came in at almost $2k above her quote, so I had to go with her.
When I bought my 2014 from them they were delivering within 500 miles for free. Now they only do 300 for free, but I’m just a few miles farther so they are going to throw those in. I’ll be glad to give you her contact info if you’d like it.

Cindy
Cindy- I would love her contact info - just starting to look - would like delivery in the spring- thank you for your help !!
Liz

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problem. The person I spoke with is Hayley Jones and she’s at Kernersville Dodge in Kernersville, NC. 336-996-4111. I don’t get anything from it, but tell her Cindy referred you. I told her I’d spread the word.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts