Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this question has been answered a million times already, it can get a bit overwhelming searching a very specific question on this forum. Here it goes anyways:

I have a 2015 ScatPak M6. I picked it up a year ago out of state with 8K miles on it. Since I've been learning a lot about the car itself and have already dealt with the pleasures of bad OTA updates. That being said, I have a suspicion that a taser was installed. I am just not completely sure if it has been or not, or if it might have been removed before I bought the car.

The splash screen comes up with "challenger" instead of the bee with 6.4L logo. I do have access to dodge performance pages. I tried to access the taser menu and have had no luck...maybe I am not doing that correctly?

Can anyone tell me what features I should have with the Taser that I wouldn't have with factory settings? Or how I can tell if the taser is installed or not?

I appreciate the input. Thanks!

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I apologize if this question has been answered a million times already, it can get a bit overwhelming searching a very specific question on this forum. Here it goes anyways:

I have a 2015 ScatPak M6. I picked it up a year ago out of state with 8K miles on it. Since I've been learning a lot about the car itself and have already dealt with the pleasures of bad OTA updates. That being said, I have a suspicion that a taser was installed. I am just not completely sure if it has been or not, or if it might have been removed before I bought the car.

The splash screen comes up with "challenger" instead of the bee with 6.4L logo. I do have access to dodge performance pages. I tried to access the taser menu and have had no luck...maybe I am not doing that correctly?

Can anyone tell me what features I should have with the Taser that I wouldn't have with factory settings? Or how I can tell if the taser is installed or not?

I appreciate the input. Thanks!
Doesn't sound like Taser was installed, that's normal if your car is 2015 or doesn't have SPAG option.

EDIT: and unless you have SRT pages on, I doubt you'd even notice if anything was changed.

Reactions: Sikoat

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,847 Posts
Doesn't sound like Taser was installed, that's normal if your car is 2015 or doesn't have SPAG option.

EDIT: and unless you have SRT pages on, I doubt you'd even notice if anything was changed.
Per Tazer site, here are features you get
https://zautomotive.com/tazerfaq/

"If you have a Scat Pack, None. You won’t have track transmission mode – as you’re the one that’s in control of shifting – but you’ll still get the increased throttle response and stiffer steering when in track mode. You will still get valet mode, too. Line Lock can be very helpful at the track, especially with a 6 speed. If you have a 3.6 or 5.7 then you won’t get to take advantage of the SRT drive modes, but you’ll still get the other features. If you have an SRT 392 or Hellcat, then you already have those features but can still use Line Lock, light shows, nav in motion, etc."

To access Tazer follow the content below
https://zautomotive.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/tazer-user-guide-2.3.1-1.pdf

"2015-2017​ ​Challenger/Charger/300,​ ​2014-2017​ ​Jeep/Durango​:​ For all functions involving the
dash (EVIC) display, the EVIC screen first needs to be in a state where it’s showing
the AUDIO screen (ignition must be in RUN with engine off). Use the left and up/down arrows to set the EVIC display.
Once the display is in this state, press and hold the steering wheel LEFT ARROW, and
tap the Cruise “CANCEL​” button to enter the settings menu. Pressing LEFT ARROW
and CANCEL will advance through the menu items. To change a setting, press and
hold LEFT ARROW and tap the Cruise “ON/OFF​” (center) button. Advance through
the menu slowly. You can exit the menu quickly and safely by holding the left arrow
and pressing the cruise RES button. If you made any changes in the setup menu, be sure
to either “select”​ the firmware version or exit the menu using the left arrow and RES button.
This step is critical after changing settings, you may find that the dash doesn’t shut down,
which can result in a dead battery."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it. Thanks for the insight. What advantages would a taser have for my car? Is it worth the purchase? How different are the SRT pages than what is stock on the Scatpak?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chally,

For some reason the attachment wouldn't open. Those are the instructions I followed with no access to the taser menu. I'm eager to gain access to the SPAG option, as I thought it was standard on the car. That's one of the reasons I was wondering if it might have been removed and I was left with the "challenger" at start up.

Thanks

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,847 Posts
Got it. Thanks for the insight. What advantages would a taser have for my car?
As stated in their FAQ which I posted above, you don't gain much. I have a 5.7RT M6 and I get even less features.

Is it worth the purchase?
For the price you don't get much but the line lock, nav in motion, light show, DRL reassign (I prefer the fogs), and the soon to be updated in firmware (auto sport and traction control off when car is started). You can also add a front camera if you get the wiring kit. For the M6 it is more of a novelty...not a must have but if you have the disposable funds...a nice to have.

How different are the SRT pages than what is stock on the Scatpak?
You will not be able to use much of in the SRT pages but what I like is it changes the EVIC gauges to have actual numbers for coolant temp instead of H and C.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, from the sounds of it...my money could be better spent on other add ons for now. I appreciate the insight! The one thing I do wish I could get is the bee on the instrument panel at start up...but its not the end of the world!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,847 Posts
Well, from the sounds of it...my money could be better spent on other add ons for now. I appreciate the insight! The one thing I do wish I could get is the bee on the instrument panel at start up...but its not the end of the world!

Thanks!
The tazer should give you the Bee splash screen. As for the attachments, I edited them out because they were not showing properly on my screen and I figured I posted the links where I got the info. If you are looking at other mods a Barton might be a better place to spend the money. Don't get me wrong, I really like the tazer (love the line lock, DRL reassign and can't wait for the sport/tac off on start-up) but us M6 owners don't get as great of a benefit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am definitely looking into a Barton. It seems like a good area to invest. I just received my skip shift eliminator and can't wait to install it. It drives me insane when I'm forced into 4th gear! For a while, I thought it was an issue with the trans...but then came to find out it is intentional from the factory.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,847 Posts
I am definitely looking into a Barton. It seems like a good area to invest. I just received my skip shift eliminator and can't wait to install it. It drives me insane when I'm forced into 4th gear! For a while, I thought it was an issue with the trans...but then came to find out it is intentional from the factory.
Have you done the clutch delay valve delete? If not, it is free and easy to do. Prevents the delay in clutch activation. I would smell burnt clutch after a hard acceleration but after removing the CVD the clutch felt more responsive. The other upgrade I did was a 1 piece driveshaft which really makes the clutch responsive (slight vibs at triple digit speeds though). With the 2 piece I noticed a slight delay in launch. My co-worker drove the car before and after the mods and after he kept chirping the tires. His response was, "why is the clutch so now touchy?"

·
Registered
1,544 Posts

Thanks!
I see plenty being sold used for $150 or less. For a line lock and the lightshows its already paid for itself. If the rest of the features work on my RT like the shift light through future updates, ill take that too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't deleted the clutch valve delay yet. I've heard a few people talking about it, but I don't know much about it right now. The price is right! haha I guess I have some researching to do!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts