Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you and a buddy/gal buy a Tazer and use it on both cars? Or is it something that attaches to the car for it to work? Is it a moveable upgrade? Kinda like a newbie about this. thanks.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,279 Posts
You marry the tazer to your vehicle. For most features to work, such as line lock, it must remain plugged in.

Although I think the old firmware does not require the unit to be married to a vehicle. So you could potentially change things on multiple vehicles...for example, switching fog lights to be DRLs.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,529 Posts
Its functionality can only be applied to one vehicle at a time. If you plug it into another vehicle without backing out the changes from the 1st vehicle, it will not do anything except say its married already, go get a divorce.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I still am not quite sure of the benefit of the tazer. It sounds kinda gimmiky to me. Enlighten me, I know it allows DRL mods and line lock, but does it do anything for the performance of the car?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I still am not quite sure of the benefit of the tazer. It sounds kinda gimmiky to me. Enlighten me, I know it allows DRL mods and line lock, but does it do anything for the performance of the car?
Nothing like a Diablo if that's what you mean, more like cluster and radio software changes outside of what you've mentioned..from what I understand the lower the trim the more it has to offer, not really a whole lot to offer on say a hellcat maybe 5-6 things besides the obvious ones you'd buy it for like line loc light show...more to offer on an r/t/SRT/scat, but nothing tune wise although they keep adding more features as the devices software progresses over time

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Here is a partial feature list from the website (says to see the manual for a full feature list):

Code:
Feature enable: The Tazer can unlock SRT Drive modes including Track, Valet, ECO (2015-18 Scat Pack), enable factory Sport Mode (5 speed and 8 speed), SRT EVIC Performance pages, and SRT performance pages* in the Uconnect radio. Enable paddle shifters if you add the factory paddle-equipped steering wheel. Enable factory fog lights and backup camera & grid lines. Disable TPMS.* Change DRL’s. Enable Shift Light on 2015+ (6.4L). Disable in motion navigation lockout. Disable seatbelt reminder chime. And more, see installation and operation manual or*FAQ/Feature Chart.

Line Lock:*Press 2 steering wheel buttons while stopped, and the ABS valves will hold the vehicle with the front brakes so you can hit the gas and do a perfect burnout as long as you wish, with no wear on the rear brakes. No plumbing required! This is a perfect alternative to the traditional plumbed-in solenoid type line lock/roll control. Super simple and cannot be detected! When Line Lock is in use, it temporarily disables traction control and for AWD cars, keeps the car in RWD mode.

Light Shows:*Using the key fob or steering wheel buttons and added dash menu, turn on a light show that flashes the exterior lights in 9 different patterns – there are 6 pre-configured patterns and 3 make-your-own.* Perfect for car shows and parades. (can be unlocked for in-motion use, only for legal emergency use.* Contact tech support for instructions)

Startup Drive Mode:*Like driving in Sport or Track mode every time you get in your car?* Tazer can set the startup drive mode for you, so you don’t need to switch modes every time you get in the car.

Auto StopStart Disable:*If you have a Grand Cherokee or Durango with Auto StopStart, you may find it annoying and want it to default OFF.* The Tazer can do this for you, no need to press that disable button every time you start the car.

Steering Wheel shifting**(SWS): Allows you to use your steering wheel’s cruise+/- buttons to manually control gear shift while keeping your hands on the wheel. SWS mode is enabled after placing the vehicle in AutoStick mode using the console shifter. Once in AutoStick, use the cruise buttons to shift (only when cruise control is turned off)! This feature can be enabled or disabled at any time using the steering wheel buttons.

AutoUpshift**: Set your own shift points when in AutoStick – Using steering wheel buttons or ZPU Utility, dial in any RPM for upshifts in AutoStick mode – perfect for high-power high-revving track use. This feature requires that “sport mode” is enabled (2012-2014 only).

Peak RPM Display:*Will display actual shift RPMs after each shift – great when adjusting AutoUpshift to squeeze every last bit out of that high revving cam, or to check what RPM you hit when shifting manually.

0 to 30 and 0 to 60 Timer: Will display 0 to 30 and 0 to 60 times on EVIC display. Good for the 2011’s that can’t enable SRT pages.

Force AWD modes: On AWD models, force the AWD system to stay in RWD or AWD, instead of letting the car decide on its own. Good for racing, drifting, etc. Or set it back to “normal” whenever you wish.

Reset Adaptives:*Will reset TCM adaptives any time you wish with a simple push of the “BACK” and cruise on/off buttons.

ESP full on/off: Press and hold the ESP button for 7 seconds to TOTALLY disable the ESP, ABS, AWD systems. Press and hold again to turn it back on.

Button Remapping: Use the Adaptive Cruise distance buttons (when ACC is off), or install*“Aux” buttons*“or viper cruise button bank and map the buttons for quick access to many of Tazer’s functions.

Video Inputs (RA3/4):*The tazer can enable extra video inputs for a front camera or video player. or both.* Check out our AV Cables or Video The*AV Cables*are needed to add the video and audio feeds.
Manual: https://zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/tazer_user_guide_2.4.3.pdf

Eventually, I'd like to get one, but have other stuff that is more important to me right now (audio upgrades). But it would be nice to force RWD in my GT, for example. There are actually quite a few features that I'd like to have...

·
Premium Member
8,529 Posts
Whatever you do, make sure to follow their direction to the T! One false move, and ZAAAAP!!! Then you're just a couple hundred pounds of jelly writhing around on the ground in pain, completely at their mercy until they decide to stop the juice.

Wait, hold on...I'm getting something over the headset...Okay, it seems we're talking about two DIFFERENT kinds of tasers. Alright then, disregard this post. Carry on...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
I was here only 4 months, and was not yet in full smart @ss mode :D

A Guy

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Premium Member
8,529 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
I like those movies :) I assume you actually enjoy all the wrench time you spend, because you sure do spend a lot :)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
8,529 Posts
I like those movies :) I assume you actually enjoy all the wrench time you spend, because you sure do spend a lot :)

A Guy
Nothing beats the sense of accomplishment that comes along with being presented with a problem and figuring out how to solve it. Besides, what else am I going to do, talk to the wife?

Which reminds me, we’ve got another round of counseling next week...I swear that therapist can talk gibberish like nobody’s business! “You need to listen more, you should take an active role in your marriage...”, blah, blah, blah.

How can I be expected to pay attention to the crap he’s spewing when I’ve got REAL problems to deal with?!? Like how am I going to fit my new design for my amp rack into the trunk with the rear deck speakers’ magnets hanging down so low...and don’t even get me started on this damned KR I can’t seem to get rid of. I’m going to go broke paying the speeding tickets I keep getting while doing test drives!

I tell ya, it ain’t easy being me...24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, and no holidays, I gotta be me. What’s a poor hillbilly to do??

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
I did think you were being to hard on yourself with the title of your other thread "New 'Most Useful' Tool in Garage" :D

A Guy

·
Premium Member
8,529 Posts
I did think you were being to hard on yourself with the title of your other thread "New 'Most Useful' Tool in Garage" :D

A Guy
Lol, @A Guy;, @A Guy;, @A Guy;, what am I going to do with you...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Wtf??!! I mean...what was this thread originally about? Oh well, screw it...I'm driving the R/T to work tomorrow. Wish me luck that some stupid little boy in his rice burner does not pull up to me at a light and start spinning his tires in place or something!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Whatever you do, make sure to follow their direction to the T! One false move, and ZAAAAP!!! Then you're just a couple hundred pounds of jelly writhing around on the ground in pain, completely at their mercy until they decide to stop the juice.

Wait, hold on...I'm getting something over the headset...Okay, it seems we're talking about two DIFFERENT kinds of tasers. Alright then, disregard this post. Carry on...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts