Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Catch can is left of the washer fill. I like it out of the way anyways
I like that, it's the V6 set up and I see your red hoses, looks good. Is it easy to empty over there without making a mess? I might need the part numbers for the mounting bracket so I can move mine.
I was thinking about ordering the CAI top and filter that comes on those T/As and trying it on my R/T. I already have the air catcher and an AEM filter just want a little more noise.
Are there part numbers on that filter and that top piece?

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Not sure about part #s. I think some parts may be shared w/Hellcat. Easy to open over there if you don't over tighten, which I did first time of course. I think the bracket kit was T/A/Hellcat. Also the filter element and tube are oblong or oval shape, Guess for more cfm.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,679 Posts
Billet technology, is a vendor here but theirs are pricey and the wait time is terrible.
Billet technology, WAS a vendor here... Long ago in a galaxy...

A Guy

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Let's get back on track???? I still need my OP answered please.
You answer is MOPAR never made the kind of covers you are looking for for the 5.7l. You can buy a set of 6.4l covers but they need trimmed for the '15 and up. There is an aftermarket one that velcros on but I do not know if it needs trimmed, plus I did not think you would car for it but, here is a link.

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
You answer is MOPAR never made the kind of covers you are looking for for the 5.7l. You can buy a set of 6.4l covers but they need trimmed for the '15 and up. There is an aftermarket one that velcros on but I do not know if it needs trimmed, plus I did not think you would car for it but, here is a link.

Thank you for that. You are right, I don't like the American Car Craft Fuel Rail/Coil Pack Covers. Thanks though. You mention the 6.4 covers need trimming for 15 and up. I have a 12. Does that change anything?

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
You would have to ask someone who added them. There is a solenoid on the 2015s up that is not on the '14 back that is in the way on the driver's side. I used to know all about this because When I bought my 2015 back in 2015 I wanted rid of that giant engine cover and wanted the modded ones that steve whites sells but I did not want to do the hacking to make them fit.

3G Customs makes these and they have a dress up kit that replaces the "studs" that hold the cover on with stainless screws.

·
Vendor
12,215 Posts
the covers are easily modified, not much outside of the ones we make
Luke

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
You would have to ask someone who added them. There is a solenoid on the 2015s up that is not on the '14 back that is in the way on the driver's side. I used to know all about this because When I bought my 2015 back in 2015 I wanted rid of that giant engine cover and wanted the modded ones that steve whites sells but I did not want to do the hacking to make them fit.

3G Customs makes these and they have a dress up kit that replaces the "studs" that hold the cover on with stainless screws.

That's better. Still looks a bit like bent sheet metal. But better, Thanks.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts