Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always thought the '70 Challenger was the best looking car ever. The new ones come close, but the classic still wins for me. I recently saw a car club group of three beautiful muscle cars that may look better. I had forgotten about them, but seeing them brought me back. They were American Motors AMX's. Chrysler did buy American Motors for the Jeep/Eagle brands. They should bring that car back!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
619 Posts
I think that the new Challenger is better looking than the old ones. That's hard for me to say as being a person that has classic cars, one being a '68 Charger. But anyway, That's why I like this shape so much. I like the old Challengers but just feel they got this one spot on.

Dino

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
The short answer (at least mine) is NO. I have owned this car for over 25 years and the hair on the back of my neck still stands up when I start the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
No........................

·
Banned
197 Posts
There is just something about the lines of the Challenger... While there are a few cars that will grab my admiring eye, if there is a Challenger in sight, there is NO other car to look at for me.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Nice

Found a picture.
That pic is of a 1970 with all the right styling cues. Back in the day when I walked to elem. school, the guy just down the street owned that exact year and color as the picture from new. It was one of those moments when something clicked in my head that said one day I will have a car like that.

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
There were several nice cars from about 1966 to 1971. The was just something about the styling during those years that is missing on most new cars today.

I'm not quite so enamored with the AMX, but I wouldn't mind having one. My friend in high school had one with the 390 4sp, and I rode in it many times; even in the back 'seat'. It wasn't too comfortable in the back if you know anything about the AMX. :indifferent:

·
Vendor
5,672 Posts
I <3 the current Challenger!! Just ordered my 2nd one. :)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sorry to say but the 68-70 Charger is better looking than the E Bodies of the 70s, and still better looking than the new challengers, but seeing as you can't buy them anymore, the new challengers are always a good 2nd choice. I think the charger was the prettiest body style ever made. Glad i got one as a teenager, and glad i held on to it as an adult.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts