Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
540 Posts
Catch cans work. Some better than others.

Oil doesn't come "squirt"ing out of a catch can or the lines you connect one to per-say but a cheap catch can is better than none at all.

Check out one of the vendor sites for this forum instead of eBay, support the Challenger community.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Catch cans work. Some better than others.

Oil doesn't come "squirt"ing out of a catch can or the lines you connect one to per-say but a cheap catch can is better than none at all.

Check out one of the vendor sites for this forum instead of eBay, support the Challenger community.
all the vendors aren't too cheap i was trying to spend under 50$

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I know money is tight ( I was once 17 too) but you're driving a $30K automobile.

Save up for a BT or Moroso catch can. You'll thank me later.

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
There was tests done on the e-bay cans years ago some of them even had metal chunks and shavings in them since they weld the cans together buyer beware!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
As stated there is definitely a quality difference, some of the inexpensive cans do not have any type of chambered top or filtration media to effectively separate the oil and oil vapors from the pcv. Overall quality is also not there, as most of the eBay catch cans are made overseas and you get what you pay for there. The other issue is those are generic universal fit cans so you will need to figure out your own mounting solution and hose solution, not impossible, but certainly not plug and play.

The cans we carry are all specifically designed for this platform are high quality, American made, and come with all the necessary hardware to fit it easily and securely to your challenger.

There are options for different needs, tastes and budgets of course, here are a few of the popular choices.

UPR Catch Can, multiple mount choices, and the ability to use it as a traditional unscrew to empty can or use a drain as it is pretapped for a drain
Speedlogix

Moroso catch can this one comes with drain
Speedlogix

AAD catch can, the ultimate catch can, lots of engineering behind it, better/larger hose capability, easy twist lock removal, multiple mount options
Speedlogix AAD Billet Oil Catch Can

·
Registered
932 Posts
There are differences. For example, Arrington sells two different tiers of catch can. A basic catch can with an oil trap and a system of baffles to catch the mist and funnel it to the trap, and one that has a similar trap-and-baffle system followed by an air filter (similar to a K&N oiled fiber filter) to catch even finer mist and vapor. The filter has to be cleaned with solvent (or replaced) when it gets loaded up, the trap can just be emptied.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Billet Technolgies has a catch can and seems to work great and the install is easy. I run one of theirs and they run only $99. I think that price is doable plus you are getting an excellent product. I would stay away from the ebay ones that cost under $20. The old saying is pay me now or pay me later and going cheap on an engine part may prove that saying.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Not to mention the chance of a vacuum leak with some of the lesser quality parts. Someone just sold a used bt can for $50 on here. Keep ur eyes open and wait for something to pop up.

Reactions: SRT8U
1 - 10 of 10 Posts