Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger 2015
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all over there,

Last night I met a Challenger guy here in Nuremberg/Germany and he told me that his 2016 Challenger is a "official" Black Edition.
Everything is black including the CHALLENGER badge in the front grill and also the R/T badge.

I did some research and found nothing about a "Black Edition".

Have you guys ever heard about any official Challenger "Black Edition"??

A short answer would be highly appreciated.

Greetings from Germany

Marshal

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Hey y'all over there,

Last night I met a Challenger guy here in Nuremberg/Germany and he told me that his 2016 Challenger is a "official" Black Edition.
Everything is black including the CHALLENGER badge in the front grill and also the R/T badge.

I did some research and found nothing about a "Black Edition".

Have you guys ever heard about any official Challenger "Black Edition"??

A short answer would be highly appreciated.

Greetings from Germany

Marshal
It's called the Blacktop Package, it was available on the R/T and SXT trim.

It's nothing special, it just has things that would otherwise be Silver/Chrome replaced with black versions instead.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
At stated, it's actually called the "Blacktop Package". In addition to the grilles and emblems being blacked out, areas of the steering-wheel and instrument cluster trim are also blacked out instead of silver/chrome. My 2018 GT has the blacktop package and I really like it. I'm actually a chrome fan, but I do like the blacked-out grille better - as well as the black accents on the interor. Nothing major, just minor differences.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,571 Posts
On a SXT it also includes/included a 3.07 rear gear, 20" wheels, fog lights, and a satin black spoiler

On the R/T it's the 20" wheels and satin black spoiler as well

On my 2016, since the SXT Plus added the 3.07 and 20" wheels, the Blacktop package did add only the black accents, and the special Leather performance steering wheel

A Guy

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger 2015
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys,

I thank you for your quick answers.

Now I realize that it is the blacktop package.

But I've an additional question:

Includes the blacktop package a black "CHALLENGER" and a black "R/T" badge at the front grill???

Greetings from Germany

Marshal

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Hey guys,

I thank you for your quick answers.

Now I realize that it is the blacktop package.

But I've an additional question:

Includes the blacktop package a black "CHALLENGER" and a black "R/T" badge at the front grill???

Greetings from Germany

Marshal
Yes.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
This is what the front grille looks like on a Challenger with the blacktop package. There is actually a "Challenger" emblem on there, but due it being black and the lighting in this picture, it's not really visible.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,571 Posts

A Guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts