Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Re: is there a reason you wont buy the challenger

If DCX decides not to remain 'true to concept'; i.e., if it doesn't remain a long, wide, two-door 'muscle car' with sleek body lines, then I'll probably just locate and purchase a restored 70's era model. If for some unknown reason DCX does decide to make a few appearance changes, then hopefully the new generation 'Challenger' might look similar to that of Doug Schramm's original digital concept image (as in my avatar). ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts

Mr.DJ said:
If DCX decides not to remain 'true to concept'; i.e., if it doesn't remain a long, wide, two-door 'muscle car' with sleek body lines, then I'll probably just locate and purchase a restored 70's era model. If for some unknown reason DCX does decide to make a few appearance changes, then hopefully the new generation 'Challenger' might look similar to that of Doug Schramm's original digital concept image (as in my avatar). ;)
Ditto, or makes it do you have to spent alot to get the Hemi in it.

·
Registered
748 Posts

The only reason I won't buy one is cost. If it is a bad value (overpriced) I won't buy. If it's too heavy, I'll be less enthusiastic, but still buy. If it's underpowered, it kind of defeats the purpose, so I may not buy, but then again I might.

If it's too expensive, I won't buy. But then DANG, what else is out there???:(

·
Registered
184 Posts

over 4000 lb = might buy but much grinding of teeth
no six speed = no sale
mangle beautiful body = no sale
gross overpricing = no sale
major reliability problems (won't be buying till y2) = no sale

·
Registered
10 Posts

As long as they keep it in the style of the concept I will own one of these. Prefer a 6.4 but would settle for a 6.1. Small changes may be ok, like wheels, spoiler, hood options and flip top fuel cap.

Toby

·
Registered
152 Posts

firstmethod said:
over 4000 lb = might buy but much grinding of teeth
no six speed = no sale
mangle beautiful body = no sale
gross overpricing = no sale
major reliability problems (won't be buying till y2) = no sale
I agree on the overpricing, some of the local dealerships here in california charge 10K + markup on their SRT models. If the Challenger is a limited edition only model I would hate to see what the dealer's would overcharge for it around here.

·
Registered
184 Posts

i live in central CA so apparently we're in the same boat. plan on canvasing the entire state, hitting every dealership in every dirtwater berg between oregon and arizona. i've already located a favorite in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
70 Posts

If they screw up anything visually compared to the way the car is now...wieght is not to big of an issue if they can keep at 4000 or less. Convertible is very high on my list but i will survive without (if barely). If they jack up the price... if greed supercedes resurrection so to speak. Car dealers on the west coast have tendency not to bargain.. I will head to the midwest if i need to and prolly still save enough money to pay for the gas plus Wa sales tax.

·
Registered
18 Posts

i think the only reason not to buy one is like most have said if they do something to the looks of it. i can make it faster, and the price will go down. we already know the car will be a pig, and i dont mind if it has an auto trans, then my wife could drive it.

·
Registered
14 Posts

If it's more expensive than a Charger, I'll get a Charger. Right now it comes down to price. If the Chally is the same price or less, I'll get the Chally.

·
Registered
58 Posts

I will not buy if:

only offered in automatic;
over priced;
variance from the concept car; and
under powered.

ScottyJ :cool:

·
Premium Member
106 Posts

I have three deadly sins that would chase me away:

1) If they decide to make it a four door (you laugh.. but look at the Charger)

2) If the price is out of my comfortable reach (better be able to get a Hemi for less than 30k)

3) If they make it available only with an automatic

Another of my gripes, but not something that would chase me away, is "over-optioning" i.e.: I shouldn't have to have a DVD player stuck in every flat surface, GPS guidance, satellite radio, heated seats, etc as part of the high end performance package. Please let me have one where its just me and the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts

1) Must have a manual transmission...as most of us agree
2) Must be close to concept....I don't mind some changes to the body but not that far from what we now have
3) not a must but I'd like to see the 6.4L

·
Registered
1 Posts

#1 I agree with the posts in here about keeping the looks the same. Wide base and long body, keeping true to its roots... enough wheel well space for some monster tire upgrades like 335s

#2 If they decide to make it a four door = I will never buy a dodge again (they already ruined the Charger IMO)

#3 I think they can keep the price affordable and still maintain a good amount of power by cutting down on luxury addons such as CC, power windows/doors (although these days every wimp on the roads NEEDS that for some reason) radio/anything electronic (car lovers replace with their own of their choice, if needed... We are buying car, not a room. Don't add that crap into the base price.

# 4 If they make it available only with an automatic = I will never buy a dodge again.

·
Registered
20 Posts

It needs a manual transmisison. If it doesn't have one, I won't be buying it. It would really tear me up if it didn't come with a manual tranny. I've been looking forward to this for a loooong time.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Body style must be like the concept. I'm only in because of the nostalgia of the 70's.
Over pricing would also put me out. I'd simply wait another couple of years for someone to sell their "used car".
6.1 Hemi/6 speed must be offered for a minimum. The 6.4 would clinch the deal.
Auto trans wouldn't put me out, but body style change would definetly put me out of the market!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts