Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a top end gasket kit(head gaskets,valve cover int/exh ect...)for my 2010 5.7 and i cant find one?Im doing the 392 cam swao and my dealer is pulling the heads so im pretty sure i should replace all the gaskets at the same time correct?I dont want to buy them all seperate from the dealer but i havent found a kit for 09-up engines I found the for 08-down but i dont think there the same??

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you having other work done? Wondering why heads are being pulled for a cam swap.
The dealer wont do the job without pulling the heads to replace the springs, they are worried about the lifters falling down too.Which i'm ok with.

·
Registered
2009 R/T
1,371 Posts
The dealer wont do the job without pulling the heads to replace the springs, they are worried about the lifters falling down too.Which i'm ok with.
Unnecessary labour and parts. Remove rocker arms, shafts and push rods, then do the springs. Remove timing chain and rotate camshaft to retract lifters into bores and remove camshaft.
Lifters will be held by retainer/guide until heads are reassembled.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unnecessary labour and parts. Remove rocker arms, shafts and push rods, then do the springs. Remove timing chain and rotate camshaft to retract lifters into bores and remove camshaft.
Lifters will be held by retainer/guide until heads are reassembled.
You are so right and if i were going to do this myself i would do it just like that but i am getting a really good deal with them doing it at the same time with the recall!So im going to let them pull the heads to do it.I guess ill just use stock gaskets from the dealer?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts