Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read about the diablo trinity tune and all...but right now I am feeling more laid back about tuning the ECU. Don't feel like playing with it, etc in a way that all I want is to flash the ECU to get more gains and that's it. Don't want to play with the ECU through the use of a dashboard interface to change settings, etc.

Is there a quick ECU flash in the market?

Thank you for the input,

ER.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
downside is if you take your car in for service, your tune may get overwritten. some get a second ECU and a B&G flash and swap ECUs if they have to have service work done.
The B&G ECU is plug and play and you don't need a tuner.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Products like the Trinity and inTune do multiple things and it sounds like you might be confusing what's involved.

You don't create your own tune with either of them, they come with basic (canned) tunes that you can flash to the PCM. You also have the ability to change non-tune-related settings with the tuners, such as adjust for tire size, adjust fan settings for a different thermostat, etc.

If you don't want the digital gauges offered by the Trinity then you can save some money and get an inTune, this will let you install one of the canned tunes or even get a custom tune but won't have the digital gauges that the Trinity has.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, Yahooligan.

Does it work like a plug, tune and forget? Or is it something you have to monitor to make sure your ECU is running in-line?

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Plug it in follow the on screen instructions once it is done uploading the tune you can un plug it and keep it somewhere safe in the house.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts