Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 srt
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 16 challenger used it already had cam, headers, cat delete, and was tuned. I'm just trying to find out if there's a way to tell what tuner the prior owner used. I checked out the ecu and it looks like there may have been a Diablo sticker on it in the past. I have a Trinity from my old Challenger, and I'm worried if I hook it up and they used a different tuner it'll jack up the ECU.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,229 Posts
You should have gotten the programmer with the car and if you don't have the stock tune, it's going to cost a lot to get it fixed, even if they used a Trinity.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,007 Posts
I got my 16 challenger used it already had cam, headers, cat delete, and was tuned. I'm just trying to find out if there's a way to tell what tuner the prior owner used. I checked out the ecu and it looks like there may have been a Diablo sticker on it in the past. I have a Trinity from my old Challenger, and I'm worried if I hook it up and they used a different tuner it'll jack up the ECU.
sounds like the ECU was obtained as part of a Tuner + unlocked PCM package from DiabloSport. However, since it’s not a ‘18 or newer car, the PCM won’t be locked in to any specific tuner vendor IIRC.

Ideally you would have received the original handheld tuner with the car, but if not, I believe you will be able to access and modify the PCM with any brand tuner device available today.

If there are any identification/model number stickers on the PCM or molded into the case, you should be able to verify it came from DiabloSport by contacting them with the ID number.

If it’s a stock PCM and just unlocked, that should be verifiable to I would think by using any identification numbers on it but cross-referencing with FCA/Mopar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.