Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if they make any type of "Dress Up" stuff for the 5.7 Intake besides the big engine cover ?

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Try speedy's garage on the net, billet teck makes some nice stuff and they are a vendor here.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Starchild I don't know what your looking for but I going to get the Billet under hood kit for my 5.7. did you see it?
Billet Under Hood Engine Kit (2.7L 3.5L 5.7L 6.1L)
Not only did I see it............. I own it !

I'm looking for something for the Center Black part (Intake) where I have the HEMI V8.

I have taken the HEMI V8 off cause it looks gay and am looking for some other option without having to remove the intake.

Does not seem to be anything out there that I can find anyway.

Thanks for the tip though and you can see what that stuff looks like on the car............... I recommend it !!

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Not only did I see it............. I own it !

I'm looking for something for the Center Black part (Intake) where I have the HEMI V8.

I have taken the HEMI V8 off cause it looks gay and am looking for some other option without having to remove the intake.

Does not seem to be anything out there that I can find anyway.

Thanks for the tip though and you can see what that stuff looks like on the car............... I recommend it !!

Sorry, in the first picture I don't think it showed that stuff. I still use my engine cover and have never looked under there so I don't know what your looking for. I don't even have a CAI.

·
Banned
804 Posts
Most people that want to do something with the intake will remove it,smooth it down and have it painted. It can be a lot of work but they look great when they are done. Here's one that one of your fellow Challenger owners posted on LXF.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
RPI, a vendor here, makes an engine cover insert that covers the center part -- but it does have the raised 5.7L Hemi lettering on it. I have my lettering in black but you can forgo the colored lettering and keep it the same as the engine cover itself. You can order them in pretty much any paint color that Dodge has. I went with B5 blue.

You can buy a 6.1L intake and do a swap for the 5.7L manifold. Many here have done it. You need the intake, fuel rails and some other parts.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I've never seen anything for the intake itself. I've debated removing mine and either painting it or seeing what kind of options might exist for some kind of coating... or just removing it and putting a chrome Magnuson in its place :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts