Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm finally learning how to use the audio nav system in my "new to me" '12 SRT8. Since it only has 3400 miles, I was wondering why the previous owner changed out the Uconnect 730 system listed on the build sheet and installed an Alpine IVA-NAV-20 unit with 2 PCX-12 Amps and 2-10" subs. They also lined the trunk with dynamat.
Since my favored background noise comes from 2 exhaust pipes, this system is way overkill for me. It sounds fine but I question the reasoning behind it if there already was a great system in the car.

·
Banned
5,785 Posts
Just like with anything, Some people just dont like stock. My stereo system is fine, but I have upgraded exhaust. Some people think its too loud. Ill soon have 22's some people think thats too big, some think to small lol

Just personal preference....

·
Premium Member
2011 SRT8 392 BGE Supercharged Toxic Orange heavily modified Challenger
986 Posts
The previous owner swapped out the 730N? Good thing you saved that car from that person - shouldn't have had it to begin with. I would go through the car and fumigate it. Who knows what other ailments were left.

Happy mod'ing

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. The car came from Washington via Hawaii, so who knows? I use my electric leaf blower to make drying the car easier, and also open the doors to blow out the interior. After last session, a strange looking dead bug was blown out!
Despite that I LOVE this car, even more than the Z06 it replaced.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well if you ever want to go back to stock you can probably get $500 for that head unit and probably a few more bills for the amps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts