Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you guys know I'm staying N/A. I was going to port the Apache heads but research says no. That being said how about this for my last go fast mods; cam, long tubes, high flows, 25% under drive, and Barton?

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
call HHP and they will sort you out

i say leave everything, drop a 274 with a pair of thitek stage 3 heads then you are a screamer; the stock headers are fine;

HHP know their stuff

ODP

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Not to hijack or anything but the cam/head combo looks intriguing. Once tuning opens for the 2015s, I'm looking at shelling out the money for those Thitek heads along with a mild to aggressive cam and leaving the stock headers on there. I think the gains from a cam/head combo would be, what, around 80 to the wheels or so roughly? Esp with the Thiteks from all the research I've done on them...

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Not to hijack or anything but the cam/head combo looks intriguing. Once tuning opens for the 2015s, I'm looking at shelling out the money for those Thitek heads along with a mild to aggressive cam and leaving the stock headers on there. I think the gains from a cam/head combo would be, what, around 80 to the wheels or so roughly? Esp with the Thiteks from all the research I've done on them...

You can do that with your stock heads ported. Thiteks are good heads, but not every build needs them.

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
You can do that with your stock heads ported. Thiteks are good heads, but not every build needs them.
agreed; i am just a sucker for good looking hardware...

:):wink3:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
ported apaches, cam and headers then. (money saved from the thiteks would probably allow me to add the headers at that point) Would be a pretty nice combo.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ported apaches, cam and headers then. (money saved from the thiteks would probably allow me to add the headers at that point) Would be a pretty nice combo.

I know this is an old thread I started, but with an aggressive cam, which for our cars there really isn't much out there unless I'm not seeng it, do the Apaches need to be ported? They flow about 340 CFM. With an upgraded cam, either the stock shorties or long tubes, and high flows and a 3" cat back, are the heads now the choke hold in this 392 cubic inch pump? Cause if they are not, why waste the money. Any one know for sure how an aggressive cam and these Apaches work together. Don't want one holding back the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts