Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody!

I'm starting to look at new cars and the Challenger seems so far to be the perfect blend of style, performance and function for me - so I sent out some feelers to a couple local dealers to see what kind of prices are available.

One just got back to me with what I think is a pretty good deal, but I figured I'd check with the experts here!

2014 R/T Classic. Header Orange/Dark Slate Gray. 6 Speed. 27M Classic Package with black side stripes and gloss black pocket wheels. Sound Group II, Super Track Pack, Sunroof, Uconnect 430. MSRP of $38,475 including $995 destination charge.

Dealer wants $35,400. From what I can tell on Truecar and Edmunds that seems like a decent price, but what do you all think?

Thanks in advance for the help guys!
-Jon

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
I think you could get closer to $33k with those options.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
does it have the anti spin rear diff? I wish I had that one option.
HIDs are real nice, too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure about "anti spin" differential, doesn't say anything so I assume no. Does have HID's though.

Going to check it out in person, maybe test drive tongiht. If it goes ok I'll probably offer a little less than asking and see what happens. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
you should be able to get them lower...

Hey Everybody!

I'm starting to look at new cars and the Challenger seems so far to be the perfect blend of style, performance and function for me - so I sent out some feelers to a couple local dealers to see what kind of prices are available.

One just got back to me with what I think is a pretty good deal, but I figured I'd check with the experts here!

2014 R/T Classic. Header Orange/Dark Slate Gray. 6 Speed. 27M Classic Package with black side stripes and gloss black pocket wheels. Sound Group II, Super Track Pack, Sunroof, Uconnect 430. MSRP of $38,475 including $995 destination charge.

Dealer wants $35,400. From what I can tell on Truecar and Edmunds that seems like a decent price, but what do you all think?

Thanks in advance for the help guys!
-Jon

My Mopar '10 listed at $38,XXX and I bought it new for $29,000 with no trade (just cash). Woodhouse Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Blair, Nebraska. Call (800) 889-1893, as for Bob Kiester, tell him Jeff Stellish sent ya, he'll get you a sweel deal and deliver it to you! :) Good luck!

JS

·
Registered
978 Posts
Is that out the door price or plus tax etc? Assuming it's before tax, it's not a GREAT price but it's not bad at all. Not sure what incentives are going on right now - I got a really good deal with $4500 in Dodge and USAA incentives last year so I ended up something like $7500 below MSRP, but that's more the exception than the rule.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
OK being form another country I am not familiar with all of these discounts and such so to me it looks like you are only 3-4 thousand (not much if you say it fast) off a SRT core, or is there something I am missing?

I would like to know as I am looking to buy an SRT Core.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
MSRP of $38,475 including $995 destination charge. Dealer wants $35,400.

That's $3,000 off which is fleet price on that car, you're probably not going to get a dealer to go any lower than fleet right now. Dodge is offering $1,000 cash discounts now, so see if you can get it for $34,400. You'll be lucky to get it for that. Also, you wait until spring and Dodge will probably offer more in discounts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MSRP of $38,475 including $995 destination charge. Dealer wants $35,400.

That's $3,000 off which is fleet price on that car, you're probably not going to get a dealer to go any lower than fleet right now. Dodge is offering $1,000 cash discounts now, so see if you can get it for $34,400. You'll be lucky to get it for that. Also, you wait until spring and Dodge will probably offer more in discounts.
Good call, rajunz, that's exactly what happened. The salesman found an extra $1000 incentive that he missed (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one...) so 34,400 and $10k on my trade. Soon as they get a set of winter rims & tires on it for me I'm picking it up!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Awesome, you made a great deal. Post pictures here once you get it.

Don't have a clue what winter tires are all about! :dunno:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Mine had a 38,200 sticker and I got it for 31,200. Got the 70k warranty so I was at 32,200 + tax. Classic with every option except auto and fancy radio.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats!
Let's see some more pics once you drive it home!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts