Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shopping for Challengers for the last few weeks, and so far this seems to be the best deal I have found:

Brand New
2010 SE
Deep Water Blue Pearl
Preferred Package 25G
Sound Group
Rallye Group
Power Sunroof

MSRP on Sticker: $30,145
Dodge Rebate: $2,500
Dealer Discount: $3,300

Total Price: $24,345

Right before we went to this dealer we had negotiated a deal with another local dealership on an SE with Rallye Group and no Sound Group or sunroof for $24,085. Basically no touch screen stereo or sunroof for $300 less.

We also told to dealer we wanted to have bluetooth, and the sales rep told us this one has it, but he was wrong, it does not. Afterwards he told me that they would throw in the Auto Dim Mirror with mic, and that is all that is needed to enable the bluetooth (Is this true?)

What do you guys think, anything else I should ask for? They also offered possibly a portable GPS unit, which I really dont need, but I know they will still deal a little more if I need them to.

Thanks

·
Banned
557 Posts
Sounds like a really good deal to me. As point of reference, a couple of weeks ago I bought my RT that had a sticker of $33k and paid $27k for it. About $6k total off the sticker. On you're deal, you are right at $5,800 and and sticker is $3k less so percentage wise that is even a sweeter deal than mine. :)

In regards to the first dealer, yes, you can add a U-connect system and auto-dim mirror with mics and then enter the appropriate sales code (computer programming) to make it all work. I've actually been researching this as my RT didn't come with U-connect (bluetooth) and I really want it. It's expensive to add later like this, about $360 for the mirror and $200 for the U-connect brain to make it work. Not to mention the $50-100 most dealerships would charge for the programming.

So yes, it's possible. And I suspect the reason that dealer is only $400 lower than the other deal you found. Theoretically they should be even lower because the other car doesn't have sunroof and the upgraded stereo, but they have to make up the difference somewhere of doing the "dealer install" of the U-connect system I described above.

Personally, I'd just buy the one you found that has everything included. Well assuming you want the sunroof and find value in owning it. Some people don't like them.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Forgot to mention one thing. Since you are buying the SE, are you aware the newer 2011 models have a considerable horsepower bump? The new ones are 305hp/268lbs torque whereas the 2010 and older ones are rated at 250hp/250lbs torque.

Obviously you will get a better deal on a 2010 model, but I'd be a little grumpy if I didn't know this and pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention one thing. Since you are buying the SE, are you aware the newer 2011 models have a considerable horsepower bump? The new ones are 305hp/268lbs torque whereas the 2010 and older ones are rated at 250hp/250lbs torque.

Obviously you will get a better deal on a 2010 model, but I'd be a little grumpy if I didn't know this and pulled the trigger.
Thanks for both of your reply's. We do know about the HP bump in the 2011, but my wife will be the primary driver of this car, and we really don't need the extra power.

We also have a 12 year old son, and plan to keep this to be his first car. No since in giving him a V8.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Thanks for both of your reply's. We do know about the HP bump in the 2011, but my wife will be the primary driver of this car, and we really don't need the extra power.

We also have a 12 year old son, and plan to keep this to be his first car. No since in giving him a V8.
You're welcome, I hope they point you in the right way. :)

And wow, that is cool. I'm sure your son will love getting the Challenger as his first car. I wish my parents would have been that nice, lol. And I agree, a first time driver doesn't need oodles of power. I have a 15yr old girl and it scares me just thinking I will have to share the road with her in the next year.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're welcome, I hope they point you in the right way. :)

And wow, that is cool. I'm sure your son will love getting the Challenger as his first car. I wish my parents would have been that nice, lol. And I agree, a first time driver doesn't need oodles of power. I have a 15yr old girl and it scares me just thinking I will have to share the road with her in the next year.
My first car I bought for $200 from my uncle. It was a 1984 Dodge Charge 2.2 Turbo, 5 speed manual. Believe it or not that was a pretty cool car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts