Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there just want your guys opinions on a 2020 scat pack wife body automatic. First auto I bought in decades but I’m getting older and the auto is apparently faster.

with rebates, employee pricing from my father and active military discount I was quoted out the door at...

46835 out the door

with no money down and third party financing.
Given the window sticker, should I jump all over this?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I mean the curves on the challenger are sexy. I wouldn’t mind a wife with the same figure...
I can't argue with the logic.

In perspective, the vehicle in my sig was 48K. It was slightly over 40K before taxes. A little over 42K OTD

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello there just want your guys opinions on a 2020 scat pack wife body automatic. First auto I bought in decades but I’m getting older and the auto is apparently faster.

with rebates, employee pricing from my father and active military discount I was quoted out the door at...

46835 out the door

with no money down and third party financing.
Given the window sticker, should I jump all over this?

View attachment 1000508
Sticker price plus tax equals. Minus 4850.power dollars.. Your price. Today your paying sticker price. Period..

·
Registered
128 Posts
With Power Dollars and Employee pricing along with other discounts should be around $8000 off
and a final price $42,375 without the Taxes and Tradein..................JT

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
The financing eats up all of the discount so you end up paying sticker. I’m sure you can do better.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
Can’t make an informed decision on “out the door pricing” as everyone that will post here may have higher or lower tax rates.

The ONLY way to determine if the price is good is to post MSRP, post the discount, post the rebates Applicable to you, individually.....

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
737 Posts
Can’t make an informed decision on “out the door pricing” as everyone that will post here may have higher or lower tax rates.

The ONLY way to determine if the price is good is to post MSRP, post the discount, post the rebates Applicable to you, individually.....
Taxes on that where i live would be 4,200 (8.37%) with the 50K price tag bringing it to 54+k. I dont know what they settled on before taxes but im gonna say its not a bad deal. Still around 8K off with a final OTD of 46+K

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
Taxes on that where i live would be 4,200 (8.37%) with the 50K price tag bringing it to 54+k. I dont know what they settled on before taxes but im gonna say its not a bad deal. Still around 8K off with a final OTD of 46+K
Unless the OP is from Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, or Oregon....where there is no sales tax on auto purchases.

The price settled on before taxes IS the only thing that matters.

Reactions: RedlineTA

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
With Power Dollars and Employee pricing along with other discounts should be around $8000 off
and a final price $42,375 without the Taxes and Tradein..................JT
tax puts this around 45,500 then. I’m sure the dealer nickel and dimes with doc fees and stuff

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
874 Posts
Overall car sales are still soft. I think you can do better. Maybe a $1,000 better off of the Cash Price. More if you find a motivated dealer.

Is Employee Pricing really only worth a 5% discount? I would think that anyone would get that much off just by saying "nice weather." Because that's about what the difference is between the MSRP and your Cash Price.

The Power Dollars promotion is getting you $4,850 and Active Military is getting you $500 for your total of $5,350 off. The dealer hasn't taken anything out of his pocket.

Now's the time to ask keep asking for things ... free tint, free oil changes, a credit for their goodies department, etc.

Remember ... they NEED to sell you a car. In all likelihood you merely WANT to buy a car. If you truly, badly, madly WANT this car above all others, then quote the guy YOUR out the door price and make them say "yes" or "no."

Reactions: Klink

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
737 Posts
Overall car sales are still soft. I think you can do better. Maybe a $1,000 better off of the Cash Price. More if you find a motivated dealer.

Is Employee Pricing really only worth a 5% discount? I would think that anyone would get that much off just by saying "nice weather." Because that's about what the difference is between the MSRP and your Cash Price.

The Power Dollars promotion is getting you $4,850 and Active Military is getting you $500 for your total of $5,350 off. The dealer hasn't taken anything out of his pocket.

Now's the time to ask keep asking for things ... free tint, free oil changes, etc.

Remember ... they NEED to sell you a car. In all likelihood you merely WANT to buy a car. If you truly, badly, madly WANT this car above all others, then quote the guy YOUR out the door price and make them say "yes" or "no."
When I worked at a dealer, the customers got better deals than we did.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
874 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Yeah, as someone else said that’s basically sticker price, that isn’t some awesome deal. I bought my 2019 and my car stickered at 48K and my OTD price was 40,500 + $6,000 upside trade-in so 46,500.

So, if I can negotiate $1,500 below sticker out the door with adding 6K to the overall price, you can do better.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts