Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,770 Posts
Alas, a V6. I'd be sorely disappointed if I had a V8 that sounded like that. Any V6 will have the droning sound, that's why a good sounding exhaust is so hard. A Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alas, a V6. I'd be sorely disappointed if I had a V8 that sounded like that. Any V6 will have the droning sound, that's why a good sounding exhaust is so hard. A Guy
Are you sure? I've never heard a v6 sound this deep and, in my opinion, good. Sounds just like a v8 to me lol. If it is a v6, I'd sure like to know what he did lol.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,770 Posts
No offense, a loud V6 isn't necessarily better. Inside the car I bet everything rattles. But yes, I'd put money on V6, if not, that poor V8. A Guy

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,937 Posts
Yep, V6

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Not picking on V6 owners by any means. When I bought my Thrush welded mufflers and I went to a local exhaust shop to see how much they wanted to put them on and delete the resonators, I went in my jeep. I asked how much and said I'd be back on the following Saturday with my Challenger to have the work done. (it's a R/T). The shop owner said, "It will sound better but everyone comes in with V6s and asks to make them sound like V8s and it won't sound like a V8 when they are done." (Something similar to that as this conversation was over 2 years ago.) Well when I showed up on Saturday and the owner again said that it won't sound like a V8, his employee told him, it was a Hemi car. He smiled and said, "Finally" LOL.

Shoot the new V6s make more power than the old 340 cars and no one ever says, "It's just a 340" so trust me, I am not bashing the V6s by any means but I never really cared for the sound of a loud rxhaust on a v6, (too fart cannon like) IMO and it is just my opinion so it does not mean anything.

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
I thought it was the mail delivery van going by.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts