Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 R/T ScatPack B5 Blue
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I’ve noticed on the drivers side door that the door seal has rubbed against the door jam so hard it rubbed the clear coat off and left this fine scratches in the red circle?
I’m hoping this is normal since I would imagine the door needs to get a tight seal, but I didn’t find anything after searching the forum.

I’ve had a few paint issue when I first picked up the car and had let dodge know through the survey and attached photos, but they never followed up. One thing is apparent after searching the forums is there seems to be quite a few of us who have suffered from Dodge’s lack of Quality Control

44FD0D3D-62D7-4E95-91CE-0E1390F65C0E.jpeg

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,272 Posts
Does the door shut properly does the door rattle going down the road.you have a problem call dodgecares

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the door shut properly does the door rattle going down the road.you have a problem call dodgecares
The door does shut properly and there are no rattles going down the road. The only other thing I've noticed aside from the scratches is the door wont close maybe 1 out 10 times and it might because of the seal, but I recall my 2016 RT having the same issue. I wish I would of checked on the doorjam of my old car, but it was white and hid a lot of blemishes.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I would bring it to the dealership and if they jerk you around call dodgecares.it should close right all the time.maybe the door needs to be adjusted unless you’re trying to close the door and maybe the seatbelts in the way or some other blockage

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would bring it to the dealership and if they jerk you around call dodgecares.it should close right all the time.maybe the door needs to be adjusted unless you’re trying to close the door and maybe the seatbelts in the way or some other blockage
Okay I'll reach out to them, was hoping to avoid the dealership. I'm overly cautious and can safely say the seat belt has never made contact with any part of the door jam.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I don’t know about my challenger but my new ram you can’t get it to move in gear if any door is ajar.sometimes you can get what you have by driving around with your door ajar

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t know about my challenger but my new ram you can’t get it to move in gear if any door is ajar.sometimes you can get what you have by driving around with your door ajar
That is strange! I just hate the thought of any paintwork having to be done as it never matches. But, I have several panels that have defects from the factory ranging from dirt under the clear coat, paint drip runs and on the passenger side door jam there is a bubble starting to form around what I think is a piece of dirt under the paint. I'm naturally that OCD guy that notices the smallest things and have tried to get away from that, but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't bother me. These cars are not cheap lol

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Like I said you have any problems dodgecares is there for you

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,038 Posts
Closest I found

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
The door does shut properly and there are no rattles going down the road. The only other thing I've noticed aside from the scratches is the door wont close maybe 1 out 10 times and it might because of the seal, but I recall my 2016 RT having the same issue. I wish I would of checked on the doorjam of my old car, but it was white and hid a lot of blemishes.
Hi @WHIPNRIP - Please be sure to let us know via PM if you decide to move forward with addressing this with your dealer. We are more than happy to escalate a case on your behalf for further support through that process.

Mark
DodgeCares

·
Super Moderator
15,606 Posts
one of the things as PM, is clean the weather strip and door jambs - if there's grit / dirt it will abrade the finish over time. You'd be surprised how much grit from the road accumulates driving in the rain.

The weather strips seem to seal tighter on the '15+, as you have to make a more deliberate effort to make sure the door latches shut completely. My '09 seemed to be a bit easier to shut & latch the door.

I have a Shaker model, so that's another maintenance step (especially after driving in rain a lot) - the underside has clear vinyl film to help protect the paint, but even then. With a shaker, any time the engine is running or driving down the road the engine will move / bob around on its mounts since there's hundreds of pounds of cast iron / steel / aluminum on engine mounts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts