Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
650 Posts
Hard to tell but in the 1st pic it does look like dried oil.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
650 Posts
Yeah could be the manifold gaskets.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah could be the manifold gaskets.
I would concur intake manifold gasket, oil from the crankcase vent being pumped into the intake and leaking through the intake manifold gasket. The oil or crank case vent are not to blame for the gasket deteriorating I was just providing the information on why oil was leaking from the intake manifold.

Replace the gasket and she should be good as new

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would concur intake manifold gasket, oil from the crankcase vent being pumped into the intake and leaking through the intake manifold gasket. The oil or crank case vent are not to blame for the gasket deteriorating I was just providing the information on why oil was leaking from the intake manifold.

Replace the gasket and she should be good as new
Gotcha, I've read about the manifold bolts loosening up overtime as well.. I'm guessing that would be worth a try before taking it off and replacing gasket? Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Bolts loosing could well be the situation, check around for any specific tightening sequence and the proper torque to avoid damaging the plastic intake manifold.The intake manifold usually has metal bushings molded into the bolt holes so it is difficult to damage it but over tightening can do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts