Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right on my steering wheel I have 3 blocked off buttons I am guessing is for the adaptive cruise control option. Would it be easy to put small switches here for my nitrous setup? I have an NX Gauge pod that has all my switches but I would rather have them on the steering wheel and open up that gauge spot for a remote pressure gauge.

I would like to put my bottle opener, bottle heater, and activate switch in this spot. I don't mind putting the purge button somewhere else.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I would imagine that you'd be able to do it as long as you can find power for the switches. I don't know what wiring is like under the airbag cover but I would imagine you wouldn't have too hard of a time making it work. I believe someone else did it using the available buttons on the center console by the traction control. Just out of curiosity what kind of setup are you running and how big of a shot?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe someone else did it using the available buttons on the center console by the traction control. Just out of curiosity what kind of setup are you running and how big of a shot?

I don't have any extra button spots on my console. I wish I did because I'm sure that would be a lot easier than putting them on the steering wheel.

My kit started out as a NX Proton Plus with a 15lb tank. I bought it on sale for a little under 400. I added a bottle heater, window/tps switch, fuel safety switch, blow down, bottle gauge, bottle opener, purge, dual purge addon, plate (off ebay). I went with all NX parts. Also have 2 step colder NGK plugs and autometer sport II A/F ratio gauge. I want to add a bottle blanket, and a billet bottle bracket at some point. Only thing I am paranoid about now is possible solenoid failure (stuck open) so I might end up ditching the proton plus module for a dual nitrous dual fuel setup. I don't have a custom nitrous tune. I started with a 50 shot, then 75, and now at 100 with no issues. I want to get a tune for a 125. That would probably be the highest shot I'll ever use.

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
The Charger Pursuit has an option to use these buttons to power added on accessories but don't know the part number for it, search for Charger Pursuit Auxiliary Switch Assembly.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,948 Posts
Those buttons when used communicate via the bus. That is all the buttons share an interface, and the PCM interprets the signals to give you the proper reaction for the proper button. So you'd have to run external wiring somehow. Unless someone makes wireless switches which could just live in that space? :D

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Im subbing also, like to see where this goes

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,948 Posts
Now there's an idea, will the tazer only assign the buttons to certain functions, or allow you to map them to anything?

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
The Tazer will only alloy you to map the buttons to other Tazer-enabled functions, such as the custom drive mode, light shows, line lock, etc.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Very interesting thoughts on switch location. I'm subing to this thread.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger Scatpack Torred
125 Posts
You know you could reach out to Tazer support see if you can pay them something for a custom program using those buttons

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts