Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably not the best picture for identification purposes but can anyone confirm if this is just a badged up 392 or an actual Hellcat?

Never seen such a badged up Hellcat and felt it might be a fake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
As I understand the Hellcat has the kitten on the fenders and SRT c/w kitten on the spoiler. The RO probably removed the DODGE from the centre and replaced, lots of aftermarket badges around.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I understand the Hellcat has the kitten on the fenders and SRT c/w kitten on the spoiler. The RO probably removed the DODGE from the centre and replaced, lots of aftermarket badges around.

ALL AROUND!

Honestly, he was driving it like he doesn't deserve it. I super cringe when I see stuff like him on the road representing our brand of car.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Probably not the best picture for identification purposes but can anyone confirm if this is just a badged up 392 or an actual Hellcat?

Never seen such a badged up Hellcat and felt it might be a fake.

The wheels match and so does the spoiler badge.

·
Super Moderator
15,356 Posts
Also gloss black exhaust tips - with the $$$ for those, doubt many spring for them if they're trying to clone a 'Cat. The SRT 392s used the chrome finish tips, like all the other V8s use.

Up close the VIN contains CDZC for Hellcat Challengers. If its anything else, its not a 'Cat.
Example: SRT 392 would be CDZD in the VIN.

and of course, the hood would have the extractor vents on either side of the center scoop, but that hood can be installed on any model easily.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Yeah, all evidence points to either very dedicated upbadging or simply an actual Hellcat with tacky trunk badge, lol.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya, that almost looks the same except he had no yellow corners on the front and I'm almost certain the black hood had only a single air intake.

TBH, the yellow corners that weren't on the front was the first item I noticed that was missing. But then I saw like 3 or 4 custom badges that I've never seen before they absolutely cried "hey look at me I have a Hellcat".

·
Super Moderator
15,356 Posts
Ya, that almost looks the same except he had no yellow corners on the front and I'm almost certain the black hood had only a single air intake.

TBH, the yellow corners that weren't on the front was the first item I noticed that was missing. But then I saw like 3 or 4 custom badges that I've never seen before they absolutely cried "hey look at me I have a Hellcat".

The plastic shipping guards for the spoiler (yellow or blue) are normally removed by the dealer. Some owners keep them so avoid scrapes getting in / out of driveways. The Hellcat spoiler has extensions, plus the slightly lower ride height that makes it susceptible to scraping going in/out of driveways.

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
It's definitely a Hellcat but that's why I don't like nor would ever put a Hellcat or similar badge on the car, because it looks like it's been upbadged! The real Hellcat just has that certain look about it and everybody knows it's not a normal Challenger, this badge on the rear looks juvenile and completely out of place. Hellcat needs no announcement, everybody that matters should already know what it is.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I like down badging better that way know one knows what you got until you smoke them That's what I did with my 1969 road runner left the 383 on the hood and now it has a 452 in it with 650 HP I still have the 383 that way its number matching

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,701 Posts
My 2016 Cat and maybe all? don't have a dip in the rear spoiler.
No Hellcat's have a dip in the spoiler. They are the only ones that don't have the dip, every other Challenger does.

That's the easiest way to tell a Hellcat from the rear.

That's what made me think that the OP posted a pic of a Hellkitty because the spoiler is straight across with no dip.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
The first thing is the cheesy autozone stickers in the back. Second is the spoiler

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
The Dip

No Hellcat's have a dip in the spoiler. They are the only ones that don't have the dip, every other Challenger does.

That's the easiest way to tell a Hellcat from the rear.

That's what made me think that the OP posted a pic of a Hellkitty because the spoiler is straight across with no dip.

yup, my 2016 R/T SHAKER PLUS, had the dip

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
I rebadged the rear panel on my Hellcat. I guess to each his own. I couldn't stand the cheesy plastic DODGE on it.
And many of the Scat Pack owners are doing the same with the bee logo!

·
Registered
104 Posts
The hood would be more of a a tell tale sign. Who would swap out a Hellcat hood for something lesser ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts