Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was cleaning my engine bay and notice what looks to be an oil leak. What do you all think?
2020 A8 SP w/ 5600miles
May 26th when I found it.

After I cleaned it off.

This is Today

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Well you are under warranty, so I'd take it in. Your engine should be bone dry. This is not a "catastrophic failure imminent" situation but you don't need seeping.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
Did you recently check the oil level? Seems to me it could have been a drip of oil from the dipstick.....

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
I would definitely consult my dealer. At the very least it will document it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Document as said.

Personally I’d wipe it and monitor in the coming weeks or two and confirm if it returns or not.

Make sure your dipstick is fully seated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ncalifdude

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
So I was cleaning my engine bay and notice what looks to be an oil leak. What do you all think?
2020 A8 SP w/ 5600miles
May 26th when I found it.

After I cleaned it off.

This is Today
Hi j.stotts,
We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support via private messages.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Reactions: Byron

·
Registered
2019 F8 Scat Pack+
2 Posts
So I have a 2019 Scatpack. Was at a stop light when I see some smoke coming out the hood vents. I freaked of course but drove home and looked and spotted the same oil leak as you coming from the valve cover gasket and dripping onto the exhaust manifold. I kept an eye on it for the next couple weeks wiping it after every drive and sure enough it was leaking where I wasn't going to let it slip by for warranty purposes. Made an appointment and they determined I was right and replaced both valve cover gaskets under warranty. Only had 6300 miles on it at the time. No problem since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts