Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently installed borla long tube headers with those carbon gaskets(had them installed before research) but when I turn on the car I have this low ticking noise constantly, not sure how to post video?

Could this be crappy gasket?? (Percy's carbon XX) is the ones I got with the headers.

Any advice?

Thank you

·
Registered
761 Posts
No I do not think it is the hemi tick. If you did not notice it before, you should not now. Buy oem gaskets (most use the 6.1 hemi gaskets on the 5.7).

Did you get the click as soon as you started the car or after some miles?

I would swap gaskets no matter what and then make sure that all the header bolts are tight and make sure the dipstick tube is secured to the header bolt. My dipstick would like to come off and bounce around a little until I tightened up the bolt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I do not think it is the hemi tick. If you did not notice it before, you should not now. Buy oem gaskets (most use the 6.1 hemi gaskets on the 5.7).

Did you get the click as soon as you started the car or after some miles?

I would swap gaskets no matter what and then make sure that all the header bolts are tight and make sure the dipstick tube is secured to the header bolt. My dipstick would like to come off and bounce around a little until I tightened up the bolt.
Sounds good I seen the Gaskets on this mopar page. Are you using the stage 8 hardware?? Seems like I would have to use least one original hardware for the dipstick.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I don't use stage 8, you can, but you don't need to. I tightened the bolts one time after install and they have held.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,120 Posts
A rhythmic tick could be an exhaust leak. A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,275 Posts
I'd agree with the others, if you have a Hemi tick you should have noticed it before, if it manifested itself after the headers I'd be more inclined to guess you have an exhaust leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts