Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking my car's undercarriage because my friend ran through a big dip today. Anyways I noticed this tube sticking out near the front. I don't think I noticed it before. It's coming out of the holes of what looks like the underbody cover. Is that suppose to be there or did that big hit shift something to where it shouldn't be?

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
I was checking my car's undercarriage because my friend ran through a big dip today. Anyways I noticed this tube sticking out near the front. I don't think I noticed it before. It's coming out of the holes of what looks like the underbody cover. Is that suppose to be there or did that big hit shift something to where it shouldn't be?
No worries. It's a drain tube and is suppose to be there.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No worries. It's a drain tube and is suppose to be there.
good to know. I was watching this video and I didn't notice he had it. Maybe I missed it or he has something different.

55 second mark is where I think mine is at.

·
Super Moderator
14,209 Posts
It's interesting that on the original 1970-1971 shaker hoods, the two drainage hoses were very short and the water dumped directly into the engine bay, instead of the road.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's interesting that on the original 1970-1971 shaker hoods, the two drainage hoses were very short and the water dumped directly into the engine bay, instead of the road.
Mine isn't a shaker, it's a Scatpack without it. I'm wondering if they have a different placement. For some reason I just never noticed or paid attention to it. I also installed a Viper alarm so I was wondering maybe it had something to do with that, but I had a feeling it was unlikely.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Radiator drain hose.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,703 Posts
Korean gangsters...