Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking about my Challengers behavior - not my behavior because, well, talking about the latter never ends well for me! So after years of owning old-school hot rods, and 60's and 70's muscle cars I made the leap into a new 2016 6.4l Scat-Pack Shaker. I absolutely LOVE the car, but have noticed a few things. I bought it about a month ago and probably because it is a '16 and had been on the lot a while it had about 250 miles on it when I purchased it. In hindsight I might not have done that because you never know how it was driven those 250 miles. It doesn't have the slightest scratch, or blemish anywhere so maybe it was driven sanely. I had about 800 miles on it before I really got on it. It has about 1400 miles now. I've put the hammer down probably 6 or 7 times and about half the time the engine sputters slightly when I initially hit the gas, and occasionally immediately after a shift for a split second. (it has the A8 and I am usually in Sport mode and letting it shift itself) Is this normal? I wouldn't think so. Also, in Sport mode and the trans shifting itself, when I am de-celerating it pops or burps out the exhaust. That may be normal. Or is it? What do you all think?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I too bought a 2016 a couple weeks ago. Mine is an SRT with 125 miles and I am guessing it's been ridden hard a few times. I checked the performance page and top speed was 108 and that wasn't me! Check and see your 1/4 mile times, 0 to 60, top speed, etc as that could clue you in. Anyways, your car should not hesitate at all or pop really decelerating. At least mine doesn't (it's an automatic). Instant power any time with, way too much actually. Still trying to get used to it. You might take it back to the dealer to get checked out. That's my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
9,373 Posts
The gauges are bench tested, most of us have very high numbers the first time it's looked at. Ignore that, it's not a reference to actual speed that your car was driven at.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I also have a '16 Scat Pack... mine's got about 2500 miles on it now.

Mine did that bog thing for the first 15-1800 miles, don't recall exactly. I noticed it mainly on a 0 to 60 run from the stop it would bog. I don't notice it any more, I'm not sure if it just stopped doing that or I got better at working the gas pedal. Either way...

The popping or burping on deceleration is normal. Isn't it awesome?! :smile: It is to me anyway, I love it.

I'd say your car is fine! And, only got on it 6 or 7 times by 1400 miles??... Put your foot in it!! :wink3:

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I also have a '16 Scat Pack... mine's got about 2500 miles on it now.

Mine did that bog thing for the first 15-1800 miles, don't recall exactly. I noticed it mainly on a 0 to 60 run from the stop it would bog. I don't notice it any more, I'm not sure if it just stopped doing that or I got better at working the gas pedal. Either way...

The popping or burping on deceleration is normal. Isn't it awesome?! :smile: It is to me anyway, I love it.

I'd say your car is fine! And, only got on it 6 or 7 times by 1400 miles??... Put your foot in it!! :wink3:
Yep, mine is the same way. Love the back pressure. I think the bog has something to do with the traction control. Yes there is a correct way to drive it. I'll be damned if I know what it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts