Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I installed some rear speakers in my car and when I slid the rear package shelf down I noticed a couple wires dangling on the steel deck under the package tray. I also noticed a black plastic rectangular box with a spade on the end bolted to the sheet metal under the back glass on the passenger side. Are these electrical wires or a restraint for the air bag covers on the sail panel? Don't wanna button things up until I know what they are. Anybody know? Photos below...thanks for any info!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,611 Posts
Looks awful similar to the defroster grid connector? Have you confirmed that is connected?

A Guy

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks awful similar to the defroster grid connector? Have you confirmed that is connected?
Yup, that's a separate line from what I'm seeing. I actually can see both the wires I'm talking about and one is connected to the SRS airbag panel in the sail panel area to keep it from flying into passengers in the back seat if the airbags deploy. The other one disappears in a bundle of wires that dives out of sight in the quarter panel area.

Guess I'll take the photos to my dealer and see if they can find out. I appreciate both you and ChallyTatum for trying to help me out. Thank You!!

-------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,841 Posts
Yup, that's a separate line from what I'm seeing. I actually can see both the wires I'm talking about and one is connected to the SRS airbag panel in the sail panel area to keep it from flying into passengers in the back seat if the airbags deploy. The other one disappears in a bundle of wires that dives out of sight in the quarter panel area.

Guess I'll take the photos to my dealer and see if they can find out. I appreciate both you and ChallyTatum for trying to help me out. Thank You!!

-------------------------------------------------------
Ah, you know it looks like a filter to prevent the rear heater grid from picking up EMI and disrupting radio performance which could find its way to the 12v supply. Shows up in the premium radio schematics.

Here is the part
https://www.moparpartswebstore.com/...MIuoDjxPuN2QIV1AOGCh2Swwx1EAQYAyABEgK5LPD_BwE

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ah, you know it looks like a filter to prevent the rear heater grid from picking up EMI and disrupting radio performance which could find its way to the 12v supply. Shows up in the premium radio schematics.

Here is the part
https://www.moparpartswebstore.com/...MIuoDjxPuN2QIV1AOGCh2Swwx1EAQYAyABEgK5LPD_BwE
BINGO! That's exactly what that is in my photos. One end has the spade for the connector with the two wires to attach to and the other end has a nutsert end that fit's into an hole insert in the sheet metal just below the rear window. I just hooked up the wires to that and it did fit onto it and lock onto the spade. Who'd have ever guessed that is what it is...

Will have to start calling you "Sherlock Holmes" or something, LOL! Thanks for being so tenacious in looking for the solution to my question. Hopefully I'll return the favor somehow in the future.

Here's an actual photo I found on a Google Image Search for that part number...

------------------------------

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,841 Posts
Hey man, my pleasure. I just happened to subscribe to alldatadiy (~$30 for 1 year) yesterday so I can get wiring schematics (I have a couple of lighting projects that need it) for these cars as the service manual no longer has them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts