Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys were down to crunch time (leave for CF2 in less than a week) and I've read all a lot of the talk about the throttlee boost mod to the Predator. Is this something I need to do or just stick with my 93 CAI tune I have?
thanks
Rick

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
couldnt you just adjust your current tune to use the throttle boost option? all the autos have it, some manuals have it (something they are looking into). those that have it say it really give the car a snappier feel thus maybe improving reaction times?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the Cron that has throotle boost. I would need to put the stock tune back in download the software, update the predator and then reload the tune. if it isn't going to help my 1/4 ET than it's not worth it to me.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I would think that throttle boost would make you spin more while launching, especially when your just getting the use to it.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I would think that throttle boost would make you spin more while launching, especially when your just getting the use to it.
I tried it with and without at the track recently (at 12): Stayed without, tires really spin if you're not very careful.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
throttle boost only changes the aspect ratio between the pedal and the throttle blade. if you can train your brain to push the pedal down a little more than you normally would, then you will have the same results.

in the old days with carburetors, you could move the throttle linkage down closer to the pivot point to get "throttle boost". does that make more power? NO, but it does fool your brain into thinking it has more power with a more responsive pedal.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
throttle boost only changes the aspect ratio between the pedal and the throttle blade. if you can train your brain to push the pedal down a little more than you normally would, then you will have the same results.

in the old days with carburetors, you could move the throttle linkage down closer to the pivot point to get "throttle boost". does that make more power? NO, but it does fool your brain into thinking it has more power with a more responsive pedal.
Not true. Diablo stated it in just increases the speed with regards to how fast the blade opens. Doesn't change the ratio.

From Diablo:
To sum up what exactly this Throttle Boost parameter is doing here, on a stock vehicle, when you press the pedal, no matter how fast it is pressed, the throttle is still limited in the speed it actually opens. When you increase the throttle boost by (for example) 10%, the throttle blade is opening 10% faster than it used to with the same pedal depression speed. Basically, we're not necessarily opening the throttle more per pedal input, but faster."

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
OK guys were down to crunch time (leave for CF2 in less than a week) and I've read all a lot of the talk about the throttlee boost mod to the Predator. Is this something I need to do or just stick with my 93 CAI tune I have?
thanks
Rick
How hard is it to just update to the latest file? If you have an auto, this feature will improve all around driving. Gets rid of lag.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have to put the original tune back in. update the predator and reload the 93CAI tune back in. I'm always concerned that in the flash something will mess up and mess up the PCM and then I'm screwed. That's 2 times I have to hold my breath and hope all goes well.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
It's a pretty interesting tweak I've been playing with.

When you want to clown around in the car, it's pretty fun.

To be honest though it makes the car feel jumpy when you're just going from Point A to Point B. Throttle tip in is even trickier if you apply a fair amount of boost.

I'm thinking seriously of backing it down to stock.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
You have to put the original tune back in. update the predator and reload the 93CAI tune back in. I'm always concerned that in the flash something will mess up and mess up the PCM and then I'm screwed. That's 2 times I have to hold my breath and hope all goes well.
No need to hold your breath. The Predator works flawlessly.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Boy, technology begets technology. Give me a direct mechanical linkage please. I know, I'm just an old fart but sheeeesh. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Boost

Using my 0-60 timer i have gained 2 tenths using throttle booster in my auto cant really tell a huge difference not like a huge kick in the butt like ive read here but seemed to help

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like it.

I loaded the newest Pred version to my car this past weekend and like the throttle boost. It feels much more responsive and I really like that I do not have the lag that was there previsous to the load.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts