Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2019 SXT+ AWD
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SXD AWD, so naturally that is my daily driver. I would hazard a guess that all SXTs, GTs, and R/Ts are daily drivers.

How far up the scale do we go before your challenger is no longer your daily driver? Whose Challenger here is NOT their daily driver? I am curious.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I daily drive my TA 392 and love it. My commute is all highway and I set the cruise control and get 25mpg average. Other than having to use 92+ octane fuel, I don't see any downside.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Challenger RT
57 Posts
Fortunate where I have a commuter car so I do not daily the RT. On days I have to go to class, its 150 miles round trip. Plus I would hate leaving the car for 6 hours at a college parking lot.

Also like it alot because it means I keep miles of it and get to enjoy the Challenger every time I drive it.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,114 Posts
I have 3 Challengers (all R/Ts), I drive one of them at least once a week, maybe two. I have another commuter vehicle but I did order a new 2022 GT to become a daily driver!

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
669 Posts
I used to split time amongst my 3 vehicles. Daily commute 38 miles each way, gas prices parked the truck. The G8 is cranky, keeps going in limp mode, code says throttle position sensor, throttle body = $500+... G8 sits. Challenger now sole DD :p .

Reactions: Machine Rob

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
If my dog is co-piloting I'm in a Cadillac XT4. If I'm solo, SPWB. Nightime, precipitation, Caddy regardless. No work, no commuting.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
2,129 Posts
I'm retired, but with the farm and rebuilding my son's house, I end up using one of my trucks most of the time. I wish I could drive it more, but I seem to always need a truck.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed
421 Posts
No. My employer provides me a vehicle. If they were to take it away, I would drive my $1500 2005 Dakota Quad Cab. The thoughts of subjecting my Challenger or my 1998 Ram SS/T to Nashville traffic is stuff that haunts my dreams. I just can't see driving a nice car 100+ miles daily and running it into the ground.

·
Registered
2012 Header Orange R/T STP 6M
26 Posts
R/T is not my daily driver. It's been pressed into temporary 2-3 day a week service for our 100 mile round trip commute, but we pick up the new Subaru this afternoon, so that'll end the cars indentured servitude.
That's not to say it doesn't get driven; I've put 10k on it since I bought it at the end of August 2021.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
5,232 Posts
My current Scat Pack is not my daily driver. Like some others who have posted I'm retired and I don't have to drive to work. I don't drive every day even. And I have another vehicle -- it is a M-B cargo van -- to use for errands. It is better with gasoline. I sit up higher. The view out is a bit better than my Scat Pack. The van is more maneuverable. And being a cargo van has tons of room to carry anything need to carry.

With my previous car, a Hellcat, it was my daily driver for a while. While still in CA -- this in the middle of 2020 -- I sold my daily driver (a MINI Cooper JCW) because I was planning on leaving CA and there was no MINI dealer where I was going to move too. But I was not working at that time, having been laid off when COVID "hit" and Gov Nuisance locked down the healthy, declaring some people -- working people -- "non essential*. Say Hello to tyranny.

After I arrived at my new home -- Benton County AR -- my Hellcat served as my daily driver (my only car) until I had a permanent residence. This in early August. But by the middle of August I had bought the M-B van.

But the van was laid up a few times -- problem with the low pressure fuel pump/fuel system -- but not until after I had traded in the Hellcat for my current Scat Pack. No loaner was available so my Scat Pack became my daily driver. This several times for at most nearly 2 weeks' time until I got the van back.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have an SXD AWD, so naturally that is my daily driver. I would hazard a guess that all SXTs, GTs, and R/Ts are daily drivers.

How far up the scale do we go before your challenger is no longer your daily driver? Who's challenger here is NOT their daily driver? I am curious.
My 2018 Supercharged Scat Pack is my daily driver.

·
Premium Member
2021 M6 Shaker RT
531 Posts
Our Shaker is my wife's daily. The other 2 rotate during nice weather. Caddy is cold weather/rainy weather car.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My Scat is the only car I have so I guess it's technically a daily, although I work remotely. I go to the gym most days (or I will once I get back in the habit) but that's less than two miles away. Otherwise it's groceries, minor errands and cruising. Oh and now that the weather is getting better I'll be getting the Dyna out too.

Reactions: TravisPNW
1 - 20 of 124 Posts