Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,707 Posts
I am getting new kooks mid pipes for my car, going from the 5.7L set up with long tube headers to the 6.4L/6.2L and a used OEM Hellcat cat back. The Active exhaust valves are going to be welded open. This "too loud" is what I am hoping for. I am also getting QTP electric cutouts just incase it is not "Too Loud" and if it is still not loud enough maybe I'll delete everything after the header collector.

·
Registered
2021 Redeye
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I am getting new kooks mid pipes for my car, going from the 5.7L set up with long tube headers to the 6.4L/6.2L and a used OEM Hellcat cat back. The Active exhaust valves are going to be welded open. This "too loud" is what I am hoping for. I am also getting QTP electric cutouts just incase it is not "Too Loud" and if it is still not loud enough maybe I'll delete everything after the header collector.
You will probably get the round Kooks mufflers with the mid pipes, it's gonna be a little bit louder than the video I posted, at WOT it will be significantly louder but if you're looking for louder you should go straight pipe. JMO.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,707 Posts
I want something exactly like this: I hope my 274 Com Cams Cam can deliver that kind of idle.

You will probably get the round Kooks mufflers with the mid pipes, it's gonna be a little bit louder than the video I posted at WOT but if you're looking for louder you should go straight pipe. JMO.
nope just the high flow cats. I am only changing mid pies because the 6.4/6.2 are a larger diameter and will match up to the Hellcat exhaust.

Means I am going to have a set of Kooks High flow catted mid pies for a 5.7L Automatic to hang on my wall.

·
Registered
2021 Redeye
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I want something exactly like this: I hope my 274 Com Cams Cam can deliver that kind of idle.

Yeah I like that cuttin up noise but not on my Hellcat
Good luck with that.
Here's a video with 274 Comp Cam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts