Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like in order to have it make any sound, I have to press so hard on my horn that the steering wheel is going to go through the firewall. I brought it to the dealer and they said that's normal. Anyone else's horn like this?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes, or at least I find it harder than a Caliber horn.

I've never actually managed to honk someone with the Challenger because I press the horn, nothing happens, I then go to press it a little harder and by then its too late.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
same here. by the time i remember that i have to push so hard, its too late. seems pretty dangerous.

·
Super Moderator
17,345 Posts
Press above/below the steering wheel badge - there's two circuit boards / contacts in that cover.

No contacts in the center area, so that's why it takes more effort.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the same problem, but worse, on my '05 Magnum and '07 Charger--press hard on the horn button and the dang thing 'hung'--made me look STUPID!! The '10 Challenger seems to be ok, although I seldom use it-I have a siren/ electronic airhorn switch mounted to the side panel at my right knee--and use the airhorn/ siren instead

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Press above/below the steering wheel badge - there's two circuit boards / contacts in that cover.

No contacts in the center area, so that's why it takes more effort.

Oooo thanks! Good tip!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wimpy horn

First time I heard the horn I thought dang really......air horn sounds like a good alternative. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
65 Posts
"The Finger" seems to work well depending on the situation :thumbsup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
"The Finger" seems to work well depending on the situation :thumbsup:
Haha! I either give the finger or I stare at them and begin picking my nose.

(That seems to get people wondering, "is this kid stupid or something? :scratchhead: ")

:)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ok, good to know. I thought I was the only one with that issue. By the time I usually hit it hard enough to sound, I'm usually a good 20 ft. from where I needed it to sound.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes, pressing above or below the center seems to do the trick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.