Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I know this may sound a bit funny but I have no idea how to program the garage door opener if you have different garages and openers.

I need to program one garage door for my place and two for my parents (front gate and garage door). The instructions start with you erasing all channels by holding the two outside buttons down until everything is cleared. So if I do this and then program my place (1 button) how the heck am I supposed to then program the 2 remaining for my parents? As if I want to program the parents it will clear my place..........and then back to my place so clear all again and get mine done but the parents have been cleared................this is a never ending circle from what I can figure :scratchhead:

Anyone got any ideas or needed to do this and were successful????

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Yes you just clear it the first time then program each button in order without the clearing step. I programmed mine for 3 different doors and then in the winter when I store the Challenger I program one button on the homelink for the storage building door. I never clear all buttons, just reprogram the one I want to change. Your manual explains how to reprogram one button without clearing the others.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Okay so I know this may sound a bit funny but I have no idea how to program the garage door opener if you have different garages and openers.

I need to program one garage door for my place and two for my parents (front gate and garage door). The instructions start with you erasing all channels by holding the two outside buttons down until everything is cleared. So if I do this and then program my place (1 button) how the heck am I supposed to then program the 2 remaining for my parents? As if I want to program the parents it will clear my place..........and then back to my place so clear all again and get mine done but the parents have been cleared................this is a never ending circle from what I can figure :scratchhead:

Anyone got any ideas or needed to do this and were successful????
If the openers are of the rolling code design you need to have the other remotes for your parents gate and garage door in hand. You have to push the button on the remote and hold it down while simultaneously holding down what button in your car that you want to program. The remote needs to be about 3" away from the buttons in you car. After holding the buttons down the EVIC will say "channel trained". Then you need to be near the gate and the garage door opener, locate the "training" button on the openers, usually it's purple. Push the training button then within 30 seconds you have to push and hold the button in the car that you trained the remote to. The EVIC will beep and say "channel trained" again as before. There is information on most of the garage door manufacturers web sites on how to do this. Be careful while doing this as the gates and doors will cycle during the process. Hope this helps.

Link: http://www.homelink.com/program.php

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks waumo and TorRed Dave. I think mine is a rolling code one, as I could not get it to open the door after I got the EVIC to say "trained". I have asked the building caretaker to find out for me.

I will try programming the parents gate and garage tonight as I will be there for dinner and to watch game 3 of the Stanley Cup............Go Canucks Go!!! Sorry Bruins fans but Cosmo the parrot says we are going to win it tonight.

'Psychic' animals: Do you put any stock in animal predictions? - Your Community

·
Banned
368 Posts
The homelink site they referenced is what got me straightened out. The manual is very vague.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I've never been able to get my car remote to work. I'll check out the Homelink site and see if that helps. Thanks for posting it.

·
Banned
368 Posts
I've never been able to get my car remote to work. I'll check out the Homelink site and see if that helps. Thanks for posting it.
Where the Homelink site straightened me out was with the rolling code programming. If you read the manual, it makes it sound like you do one step OR the other (holding remote up to the unit to train OR push buttons on the Garage Door opener to train), the instructions on the site make it clear you have to do both for a rolling code installation. Of course, I have been known to be IQ challenged at times. :)

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Where the Homelink site straightened me out was with the rolling code programming. If you read the manual, it makes it sound like you do one step OR the other (holding remote up to the unit to train OR push buttons on the Garage Door opener to train), the instructions on the site make it clear you have to do both for a rolling code installation. Of course, I have been known to be IQ challenged at times. :)
You're absolutely correct. I just went through this as I replaced my door opener and was reading the manual and could not figure it out. The home link site is what helped me. :guiness:

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Banned
1,655 Posts
Not to sound dumb but When I programed Mine I also didnt think it worked but after holdoing down the button for about 2 seconds she worked. Ya cant just hit the button and expect it to work. HOLD THAT CH!T DOWN.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was doing the same thing the last couple days...one or the other. I did the Charger but that was 6 years ago and I had forgotten about the training part.This thread got ME set straight. Thanks for the help. :respect:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts