Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few of spots close to my home where the road is rough due to construction and yesterday I was slowing down at those spots because traffic was slow and when pressed in the clutch, the engine stayed up around 2500 rpm. I have never had this happen before. It kind of caught me off guard and I don't know what to think of it. It happened about 3 times in the span of a few minutes but has not happened since???

Anyone had this happen to them? I have an R/T Classic 6spd.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This happened to mine also.I thought the throttle stuck so I tapped it,which raised the idle speed again.Then it suddenly returned to normal and has been fine for a year now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This happened to mine also.I thought the throttle stuck so I tapped it,which raised the idle speed again.Then it suddenly returned to normal and has been fine for a year now.
Yes, that's it exactly. when I tapped on the gas with the clutch in, idle speed increased and stayed up. I let out on the clutch and moved on but it happened a couple or more times in a span of 2 or 3 minutes. Today it's back to normal???

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I have had this happen, but usually right after I change tunes (to or from stock) and has been known to last up to a week. It does freak you out the first time it does it because of the 1500->2500/3000 rpm change. I've not changed my tune in a while and I've not had it return since my last change.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had this happen, but usually right after I change tunes (to or from stock) and has been known to last up to a week. It does freak you out the first time it does it because of the 1500->2500/3000 rpm change. I've not changed my tune in a while and I've not had it return since my last change.
I don't have a tuner. I was kinda freaked out when it happened but I'm not sure how worried I should be about it. Was looking to see if it was a common issue or not? Gremlins maybe...

I also had the issue with the sunroof getting stuck in the vent position a few weeks ago but that has not happened since either...

·
Registered
185 Posts
My sunroof got stuck in vent. I did the pull the battery cable trick to get it to go down.

Dealer replaced sunroof motor under warranty.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had exactly the same thing happen to me last night. I was driving in tight neighborhood street with speed bumps every 10 meters or so.

I couldn't switch to 2dn because of the bumps so I was driving on 1st gear for about 1-2 minutes or so and then the engine got stuck on ~2,500 rpms even with my leg off the gas pedal.

It freaked me out, once I got out of the the street I moved to higher gear, depressed the clutch couple of times and it went away.

·
Registered
585 Posts
mine is an auto and it seems to dso the same thing, usually after i am on the gas heavy and then have to slow down in a hurry. Seems to get stuck @ 2000 rpms. I dont know if its the mds with the combination of the borla exhaust or what!!! Im tempted to remove the exhaust and go back to stock. The other day i was driving out of the city, well sitting would be a more appropriate term as there was wall to wall traffic, and each time i came to a stop after rolling a few feet the rpms would drop down to 500 but it would almost slam as it downshifted, so much so the car would almost buck like a bronco. anyone else have this prob lem at all?

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
It's called auto-drive and it shouldn't be doing it. The rpms will drop down back to idle when you come to a complete stop. Working on getting it out with my current tuner.

Is your AC on when it happens?

You can try recalibrating your TB.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Mine did the same thing two days ago @4000 miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts