Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know what caused the issue to start, but I'm having a problem with the AC system in the car. So what happens is when I turn on the car, I cannot adjust the settings, I can't move the temp up/down or blast the AC / turn it off. But maybe like 1-2 minutes after or so I can adjust all the settings I couldn't. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love them thanks for your time.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,617 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Gravymane. It would be helpful if you tell everyone the year and model. Hopefully they will have some ideas for you. To confirm, all HVAC (Heating, Vent, Air Conditioning) controls are unresponsive for several minutes after you start the car? This includes vent speed, turning AC off/on, temp control? Once we know what head unit you have, questions about whether it's just the manual controls, or the head unit touch controls as well. A Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh.. yea sorry lol its a 2015 Challenger R/T, but yea none of the HVAC options work when turned on, but after couple minutes I can control them.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,617 Posts
This is true of the Climate controls in the Uconnect

and the manual controls?

What about the Controls when this is happening?

Trying to see if this is limited to anything. This is every time repeatable problem? Does it do this if you don't start the car, but just put start button to ACC?

A Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea it does it with ACC as always, it always does this when I start up the car and I have to wait a couple of minutes to mess with any of the HVAC settings.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,617 Posts
And the manual controls, and the uconnect screen controls as well?

A Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep none of the controls work, manual or uconnect both don't respond until that grace period passes then I can switch around the settings.

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
Something between the Body Control Module / uConnect / console controls is not running correctly if they essentially "freeze up" like that.

Normally once ignition is ON, everything would be able to be set from that point onward

1 - 9 of 9 Posts