Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so happy with the car. Absolutely love the destroyer grey color and love the red interior. The active exhaust was also a huge plus... I wasn't expecting it to roar the way it does... like at all. Incredible!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Really nice. Red interior rocks. I have the old Radar Red leather from '13. It's more of a subdued red. Yours are some seriously red seats. I added some red R/T badges to my fenders and red "345" letters next to the "HEMI" on the hood scoops and a red "HEMI" badge on the spoiler. All kind-of ties into the red interior.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The red interior is absolutely beautiful! Also, the grey is a very nice color. It was my 3rd choice after orange then green. Gives it almost a stealth look.

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Great looking ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
These kind of posts baffle me....

Beautiful car man! Enjoy!!!![/QUOT
Wheels should accent the car not blend in with the tires.
Now, I admit my feelings on this are relatively unpopular, at least among the general public. The general public seems to appreciate black wheels, considering how many cars they're buying with black wheels included. But surely among car enthusiasts and connoisseurs of vehicle design who appreciate the subtleties a wheel can bring to a vehicle, you must agree? Surely you, too, must prefer silver? Surely I must not be alone?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
These kind of posts baffle me....

Beautiful car man! Enjoy!!!![/QUOT
Wheels should accent the car not blend in with the tires.
Now, I admit my feelings on this are relatively unpopular, at least among the general public. The general public seems to appreciate black wheels, considering how many cars they're buying with black wheels included. But surely among car enthusiasts and connoisseurs of vehicle design who appreciate the subtleties a wheel can bring to a vehicle, you must agree? Surely you, too, must prefer silver? Surely I must not be alone?
It's just another opinion. There's no right or wrong. Part of it is style, part of it is personal taste. While I appreciate the classic look of chrome/silver on classic cars, I find it tacky unappealing on modern cars. But that's just me. I've seen some modern Challengers done up with lots of chrome, and they look great....for that owner. To me, black wheels look great on an all black car or on a car with black interior or stripes (ties into secondary color of the car). What looks odd to me is a black car with colored stripes, or colored car with black or white stripes, and then a completely different third color (silver or chrome) wheels. It's like they're an after-thought.

My car is black, with satin black stripes and Radar Red interior. The two standard wheels for this model in 2013 were either Chrome, or mineral Gray. I have the gray ones. I hate them. The only reason I haven't changed them is cost and keeping the car stock in the event I ever want to sell or trade it AND there are at least 5 different black wheels I have lusted after for a couple years, and I can't decide which ones to pull the string on (it's like dating 5 hot models and picking one to marry).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm just not a chrome fan in general. I'm going to dip or completely remove he chrome gas cap, and remove the badging and roll with some black badging and accents.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
649 Posts
Back to the new proud owner welcome you have a beautiful car enjoy her the way YOU want to.

Mopar or No Car

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Well it's a good thing his wheels aren't actually black... Now both sides can be happy. Nice car, and I'm a big fan of those wheels. If you don't want them, let me know.

·
Registered
185 Posts
to be clear... I wasn't baffled by the fact that someone doesn't like black wheels, I was more baffled that someone felt the need to crap on the OP's obvious overwhelming excitement over their acquisition. It's kind of like walking up to someone on their wedding day and going, "brunettes, not really a fan" :laugh2:

Reactions: OxBear
1 - 20 of 27 Posts