Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The GT has been a real joy to own, but sadly, it's time to move back to a truck as my only vehicle. I've been driving my GT for work but needed to keep my truck for all my hunting and fishing. The end result of 3 vehicles for 2 drivers isn't working anymore. So turning the GT back into our fleet leasing agent for a Duramax 2500 and selling my 14 Ecodiesel. The Dodge experience was very positive for me and I can't say enough good things about the GT as a daily driver. It's just hard to get a deer in the trunk or tow the Ranger to the boat ramp. I would have gone with a Cummins if not for the fact our work fleet switched over to GMC/Chevy this past year.

I've listed a couple of items for sale in the classifieds:

My full Weathertech set (front rears and trunk) is for sale and my white Billet Technology catch can set up. If you haven't done the catch can do it. The amount of sludge I emptied out of the can on both my oil changes was alarming. Both the Weather tech and Catch Can are in excellent condition. I only put 10K on the car in the last year and I was the only one in it for 99% of the miles.

Weather Tech for $150 (Half off new) and BT Catch Can for $100 (More than half off)

Catch Can is SOLD.

GT Weathertec.jpg

BT Catch Can.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,782 Posts
Well, that's a shame, but you have to do what you have to do ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
348 Posts
I totally get it. The pick up truck is the most practical vehicle on the planet. If I ever got rid of my SRT, it would be for a new or newer Crew Cab, most likely a Ram.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I traded in my POS GT last weekend. Got a 2018 Audi A5. Happiest day in recent memory!

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,202 Posts
Well you gotta do what you gotta do, but as for a deer hunting vehicle I do remember one member on one of these forums that posted pictures of his buck in the trunk of his Challenger. It was his only vehicle and he was an avid archery hunter, so the deer will fit, but of course the ground clearance is a little lacking for those back roads lol. Glad you enjoyed the Challenger and hope you have good luck with the new truck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Well you gotta do what you gotta do, but as for a deer hunting vehicle I do remember one member on one of these forums that posted pictures of his buck in the trunk of his Challenger. It was his only vehicle and he was an avid archery hunter, so the deer will fit, but of course the ground clearance is a little lacking for those back roads lol. Glad you enjoyed the Challenger and hope you have good luck with the new truck. :thumbsup:
The challenger trunk can also comfortably fit three 19 year old women. :eek:

I should explain before someone starts calling the authorities :)

I took my challenger to a friend's house and his daughter was there with here two friends. They disappeared while looking in the trunk then I hear giggling and all three had climbed into the trunk and were taking a selfie.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I traded in my POS GT last weekend. Got a 2018 Audi A5. Happiest day in recent memory!
Nice choice, I really love the A5's.

The question remains, why are you still here? I'm pretty sure you've posted enough that everyone that has visited this site in the last year is aware that you are displeased with your purchase. Congrats, you've been heard!

·
Registered
318 Posts
The joys of living in the snow belt. I am commuting twice a week to Boston, about 40 miles) in a 2006 Tundra. I haven't driven my SRT because riding the clutch for an hour on the way in and up to two hours on the way home is just frustrating and not worth it. But parking a double cab in a parking garage can sure get interesting and I think I have blown through the brakes on the Tundra already.

·
Registered
2015 R/T
493 Posts

Well Bye!! and pls cancel your ID here no one cares what you bought..

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
THAT UGLY POS is your replacement for a Challenger?

Well......no accounting for taste I guess.

If I'm ever old enough to prefer a car that BLAND.....I'm probably gonna need a driver too because you just know I'm now .....BLIND AS BAT!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The joys of living in the snow belt. I am commuting twice a week to Boston, about 40 miles) in a 2006 Tundra. I haven't driven my SRT because riding the clutch for an hour on the way in and up to two hours on the way home is just frustrating and not worth it. But parking a double cab in a parking garage can sure get interesting and I think I have blown through the brakes on the Tundra already.
Boston traffic is a special kind of traffic isn't it? I drive it every day but not the distance you do....God bless you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do what's right for you, BUT I gotta say where there's a will, there's a way.

I have my Challenger GT, and my Caliber RT for commuting to work, AND my Dakota for hunting and camping. Oh, and my Shadow for cruising in the summer.
Might need to buy a place just so I can build a big garage for when the big bites and I decide to finally build a 71 RT.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts