Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..before someone scratched my car.

I know exactly when it happened.. and after putting 2 and 2 together, I'm pretty sure I know who it was. It's a small scratch on the hood, about an inch and not deep at all. I thought it could have been debris, but I saw jack-ass' finger smudge on my recently washed car.

/sigh

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Oh man sorry to hear that...why would this person do that to you? Hope you get it fixed.

·
Banned
811 Posts
Mine came brand new with a scratch/abrasion behind the fuel door. I had picked it up from the dealer in heavy rain and wasn't able to give the car a thorough look over, my bad. I didn't notice the issue until I got it home, and I didn't bother raising it with the dealership because I didn't want to go through the hassle of 'proving' that it came from them that way. I haven't tried yet but I'm sure it will polish right out, it's not deep, just long and ugly.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Don't ever take the car when it is rained on. There can be 1000 dollars worth of defects on the paint that you will never see. I made this mistake 20 years ago.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry to hear about the scratch--it would be nice if other people would pay a little more attention to what they're doing. Hopefully, if it's not very deep, you can just rub it out with a little Scratch-X.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts