Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My GT actually exists now and isn't just a pile of parts! Just arrived at the dealership. Here it is!

I wanted to tell someone but no one likes seeing friends on social media flaunting their new stuff.

It's TorRed but in the sunlight it looks more orange.

Looking at the wheel spacing tho has got me worried about the truck tires I bought for it tho.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MEH! Sorry guys 3x a charm.

Here you goooo....
(If this doesn't work you're all out of luck, you'll have to see it when I'm done setting it up).

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Nice. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Very nice.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts
Congratulations ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Good luck on your tires fitting. I put the 20"x9" 245/45's off my Scat Pack on my GT for summer they stuck out from the wheel wells a bit but did not rub or hit any place. I added the MOPAR splash guards to cover most of the tires. P.S. it's fun to leave Mustangs and Camaros spinning their rear tires at stoplights in the rain!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congrats, now lets see your monster tires mounted. Keep and eye on the inside (spindle) front clearance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome! I got my GT (Refline Red) last March and it’s doing great during its first real winter weather this past month. Enjoy!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well guys I gotta say I’m super pissed at my salesperson/dealership. So much so that I can’t sleep and gotta blow off some steam.

I’m going to ruin the suprise but I was getting SRT style black stripes installed by the dealer before I took ownership.

I was very specific when I got the salesperson to quote the strips as there are 4. Well low and behold after quoting me $450 he comes back later and tells me it’s going to be $500 because the stripe guy didn’t realize there were 4 stripes. Which basically means the sales person didn’t communicate it to the stripe guy properly because I was very clear there were 4 stripes and event told him to make note of it. Well I was going to let the $50 slide until they send me a picture of the finished work.

See the SRT photo for what I sent them and requested them to do, then see what they did...

ADD to that because of the error, I rummaged back through all my emails and reviewed what bi-monthly payment they quoted me all tax in and what they ended up putting in my final lease bill was $26 a month more!

Man I’m livid. This sales guy’s bonggling of this deal makes me want to just cancel the whole thing and walk away from this mess.

I certainly don’t want to pay and take ownership of these crappy stripes on this GT.

Now if I start all over again I’m going to have to wait another 2 months if I start again somewhere else. Add insult to injury I had to wait 4 months for dodge to come up with lease numbers. I’ve been without a car for 6 months. UUUGGGH.

What do you think I should do fellas?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems with the dealer stripe installation and lease payment bait and switch. Walking away form the deal and ordering from another dealer would what I would do if very time you looked at the car you would be reminded of the raw deal and poor service. And if the dealer really wants the sale when you walk away they my give you a call and honor the terms of the original deal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I really want to be a nice guy about it, I hate being an unruly customer but I’ve been too trusting and their incompetence and mix’s ups has incurred additional costs which they have pushed onto me.

The improper stripes are the last straw. My wife agreed that if I cave and take delivery as is, I’m going to be bothered everytime I see it.

It’s so raw that I’d almost want to drop the whole car and move on to some other brand/car if I didn’t drop $1,300 on my brand new monster winter tires and rims. Guess I could sell those though...

Maybe I’ll just go back to Mercedes where I came from...:/

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well guys I gotta say I’m super pissed at my salesperson/dealership. So much so that I can’t sleep and gotta blow off some steam.

I’m going to ruin the suprise but I was getting SRT style black stripes installed by the dealer before I took ownership.

I was very specific when I got the salesperson to quote the strips as there are 4. Well low and behold after quoting me $450 he comes back later and tells me it’s going to be $500 because the stripe guy didn’t realize there were 4 stripes. Which basically means the sales person didn’t communicate it to the stripe guy properly because I was very clear there were 4 stripes and event told him to make note of it. Well I was going to let the $50 slide until they send me a picture of the finished work.

See the SRT photo for what I sent them and requested them to do, then see what they did...

ADD to that because of the error, I rummaged back through all my emails and reviewed what bi-monthly payment they quoted me all tax in and what they ended up putting in my final lease bill was $26 a month more!

Man I’m livid. This sales guy’s bonggling of this deal makes me want to just cancel the whole thing and walk away from this mess.

I certainly don’t want to pay and take ownership of these crappy stripes on this GT.

Now if I start all over again I’m going to have to wait another 2 months if I start again somewhere else. Add insult to injury I had to wait 4 months for dodge to come up with lease numbers. I’ve been without a car for 6 months. UUUGGGH.

What do you think I should do fellas?
I don't think the stripes are that horrible. I see where they could not be any wider because of the hood. The SRT ones look better because of the SRT Hood.

I would make them honor the deal or tell them you don't like the stripes and take them off and refund you.

One thing I am missing.... Why did it take 4 months to get a lease price. Any Dealer can do that when you walk in the door. There does not have to be a program from the factory to lease. I leased mine, negotiated the lease, and did it with 3 differant dealers

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah when I got them to quote it I was adamant that I wanted it the SRT width and understood that the pinstripes would probably land going through the intakes.

That obviously wasn’t communicated to the installer.

Maybe I’ll get them to take it off and I’ll get it done right myself. I know enough about running a dealership where they’ll be looking to cut even more corners now to try to recover any profit they have left in this deal... don’t want second rate quaility work.

I had to wait for the Chrysler numbers because it I went for a dealer lease there would be no assurance as to the residual value at th end of the lease.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts